No announcement yet.

SIN-SGN-SIN Operated With Non-B772ERs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-SGN-SIN Operated With Non-B772ERs?

I have a trip booked for Ho Chi Minh City this weekend. Flying outbound on SQ178 and inbound on SQ173. Thus far, my flights have all been operated with Boeing 777-200ERs.

This time, a look at the seat maps revealed that SQ178's and SQ173's Economy Class sections end with Row 64 and Row 57, respectively (The ERs ends with Row 59). Am I going to get a Regional 772 (9V-SRx) and Regular 772 (9V-SQx) on this trip?
    My Cafe Adventures
    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Row64 would be SRx series and rows 57 would be SQx series so I think you are going to get regional birds.

Comment

SQ178/SQ173 are the flights I have used the most to SGN, and in the dozens of times I've flown them they have always been SpaceBed 772ER's, without fail

However, they have been messing around with SGN a bit as they are offering F at the moment on SQ185/SQ186. I'm in F myself later this month.

SGN is supposed to be going triple daily in a few months when SQ185/6 goes from 3 tines a week to daily, but F then seems to disappear.

Comment

I'm back from SGN and can confirm that SGN is now no longer exclusively served by the B772ERs. SQ178/02FEB was operated with 9V-SRD and SQ173/03FEB saw 9V-SQD.
        My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Hmmm .. I also recently travelled from SGN-PER via. SIN on SQ 173 (11k) on 1 Feb. and I was on a spacebed equipped flight (SVD). MAN Flyer, when you fly back to SGN can you please post the registration of the plane you were flying on, if possible? Thanks!

Comment

I ended up on 9V-SRD, which was bl**dy annoying as I was supposed to be in F...

I did see SQ172 at the gate a couple of days earlier on my way through and that was definitely a SpaceBed bird as usual.

Comment

What happened to your booking then, MAN FLYER? Did they compensate you for downgrading you to C?

By the way, the airline has changed the flight timings for SIN-SGN-SIN wef 30 March 2008. While SQ186/SQ185 have remained relatively untouched, SQ172/SQ171 and SQ178/SQ173 are now each departing earlier by about 2 hours.

Now, I will have to contend with leaving earlier for the airport. This is not helped by the fact that Tiger Airways has now removed my Friday early morning (6:00am) departure for SGN in May "due to operational reasons" and put me on the daily noontime flight!
              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                What happened to your booking then, MAN FLYER? Did they compensate you for downgrading you to C?
                They TG'd me.

I got SGD 250 cash, USD 150 voucher and a nice pen. Surprisingly I didn't get a cheque like some...

Comment

Working...
                X