[CDG] Star Alliance Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CDG] Star Alliance Lounge

Anyone been to the *A lounge at CDG? Did a search but nothing turned up regarding CDG. Any pictures to share or advice which is a good lounge to use?

FYI I will be on SQ333 CDG-SIN in about 2 weeks time and have not flown out of CDG for some time now.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

When flying from CDG to ARN on SK, we were directed to this SK lounge right next to the departure gates... not sure if this is the one you're referring to... I can't remember but I think this is T1 or T2?

The Lounge Dragon sits here...

Behind the receptionist, a row of Macs with Internet access (complimentary)

Not much of a food selection, some fruit and biscuits, a few beverages

Tea/coffee facilities, crisps (I took a packet, saving myself 3 Euro to purchase one on board on my short Y flight to ARN)

Hope that helps somewhat - maybe someone can remind which terminal... I'm starting to think T1

By the way, will you be able to join us in Oslo in 2.5 weeks time?

Comment

Thanks Kyo!!

It is T1 and apparently there is a new *A lunge there (http://www.staralliance.com/en/press...unge-star.html not sure if it the same as the SK lounge). Hope it's nice as I am not a fan of CDG!!!

I am due to fly back to SIN either on the 17th or 24th of Sept, can only confirm the actual dates next week. If it is the 24th, I can meet up with you guys in OSL as I'll be there for a meeting from the 21st. Will drop a message to you guys by the end of next week.
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Talking about SK, they are pretty much like a budget airline with standard airline prices!! You pay for almost anything on the damn flights! Furthermore, there is no mileage accural for domestic flights within Norway (think it's the same in Sweden and Denmark).

Comment

Sounds good, mate - that new lounge looks very different from the one I tried Christmas last year, when these photos above were taken.

Really looking forward to meeting up with someone a Norwegian SQTalker!

Now if only we can rope in gardkarlsen

Such a shame about no mileage accrual... maybe try to credit the miles to a different FFP?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Sounds good, mate - that new lounge looks very different from the one I tried Christmas last year, when these photos above were taken.

Really looking forward to meeting up with someone a Norwegian SQTalker!

Now if only we can rope in gardkarlsen

Such a shame about no mileage accrual... maybe try to credit the miles to a different FFP?
            Well, I'm not Norsk but have only lived (worked) here for the past 3-odd years.. however I have to admit some of their habbits are rubbing off me!!!

No luck with using a different FFP as it's a Norwegian law that there shall be no mileage accrual for flights domestically... Something to do with protecting other domestic airlines (Norwegian Air Shuttle)...

Comment

YES finally a place in CDG where one can have a cigarette. Currently in the *A lounge (T1 after passport control hang a right and take the lift up, before security check) and they actually have a smoking area!! Sorry can't do any photos as I left my camera in the check-in luggage and my IPhone decided to run out of battery... Guess I'm not the brightest crayon in the box!!

Lounge is divided into 2 sections (J and F) and is shared with all *A members.. Food is standard French-hotel-breakfast fare (breads and cold cuts, no hot food) but then again I am on the 1225hrs flight so they might have something more substantial in the later part of the day...

Standard bar house-pours, wines, beer and soft drinks but no bubbly!! I guess on the flip-side they do have a brand of Sake to cater for the Japanese pax.

There are showers available and the toilets are fairly clean (guess because this place is still new). There is also a quiet area for people to relax with lounging chairs (they have similar types in AMS "quiet zones"). Overall a pretty decent place to relax but they could do with a better spread of food and of course some champers...

Comment

Working...
              X