Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First First/Suites Redemption?

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:02 AM.

Took SQ308 in May this year to maximize the suites experience and it got in at 1520 so if you want to fly through the day and go in Suites that would be the flight to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by mingster View Post
      Took SQ308 in May this year to maximize the suites experience and it got in at 1520 so if you want to fly through the day and go in Suites that would be the flight to do it.
      post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

We had more than our fill of the Suites experience on SQ308. We were connecting from MEL so the early morning departure didn't bother us for a change.

Catering is breakfast followed by a full lunch - with all the bells and whistles like caviar for the lunch service. Mind you they do dim the cabin after the breakfast service for most of the flight so it feels like a night flight anyway.

Have some eggs benny with La Grand Dame in TPR whilst waiting for your flight. Settle into your Suite after the obligatory selfies, followed by liberal doses of your choice of Dom or Krug (or both) before take off and after with breakfast. Following brekky, change into your PJs and enjoy a few hours' kip on the super comfy beds (which after all is the point of flying in this cabin - or alternatively, TV in bed). Wake up to enjoy lunch and the IFE with even more of your choice of poison, and land during daylight with nice views of London prior to landing (if you're on the correct side of the aircraft - they usually encourage you to move if there are empty seats which is often the case in Suites).

You may already be aware but 318 is operated by the 77W which has First rather than Suites.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 December 2014, 09:11 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

post deleted
          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

To get the most out of it, Suites is still a superior experience than run-of-the-mill, door-less First...

Comment

I agree. Should go with the Suites.

Even if you are aiming for 77WN, there is still a risk of substitution for whatever reason.

I find that 13 hour day flights are too long, too boring if your idea of 'maximizing' is meal + lounging + IFE. I will be bored after 8 hours. I would still prefer the overnight flight.

And the Suites, for me, is best for sleeping. I don't like the lounging position which makes me feel like sitting in a car. And the IFE screen is too small and too far from the seat. For IFE screen, I prefer the 77W's. Just the right size and at the right distance.

Comment

I would say go for the Suites. Airbus is rumoured to kill the A380 going forward. Not sure we're going to have a Suites experience on SQ in future. I havent tried it and intend to try it next year or the year after.

Just keep a close watch on your booking and/or the schedule. I see a couple of 77Ws for SQ308 in January. August is quite far out and anything can happen.

Comment

post deleted

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                    What do you suppose is the likelihood of F/R being completely full on this route? SIN-LHR?

What are the costs be of changing the date/flight on a redemption booking in suite/first class?

Thanks
                    Likelihood of being full depends on your dates usually but if you book well in advance you should be able to find something.

No cost to change dates for flights with the same booking class

Comment

Originally posted by mingster View Post
                      Likelihood of being full depends on your dates usually but if you book well in advance you should be able to find something.

No cost to change dates for flights with the same booking class
                      post deleted

Comment

post deleted
                        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                          What would you recommend to be the best seat in the Suites? I've been reading that Row 1 is close to the stairs and row 4 is close to the galley.
                          The window seats at row 3 have an extra window

Comment

Some ethical dilemma:

If you manage to snag 2 Suites, and someone is already in 3F, what would you do?
                            (A) Heck, take 3CD.
                            (B) Hell, take 3A and 3C, hoping to snag 3D onboard.
                            (C) Be nice and just take 2CD.
                            (D) Don't need to be too nice. Take 2A and 2C.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepanda View Post
                              Some ethical dilemma:

If you manage to snag 2 Suites, and someone is already in 3F, what would you do?
                              (A) Heck, take 3CD.
                              (B) Hell, take 3A and 3C, hoping to snag 3D onboard.
                              (C) Be nice and just take 2CD.
                              (D) Don't need to be too nice. Take 2A and 2C.
                              This isn't a very answerable question unless you've discovered some massive previously unknown flaw with 2C/D.

Comment

Working...
                              X