No announcement yet.

Celebrity Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I must retract what I dislike about BA biz class seats where you sit face-to-face with your neighbour.

Friend is sitting next to Hugh Bonneville, Lord Grantham ( of Downton Abbey ) himself!

And my friend is tongue tied!

Another friend suggested he say he's sorry his dog died

Comment

• Being sat opposite Angelina Jolie wouldn't change the fact those BA dormitory seats are awful and at least a decade out of date....

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Being sat opposite Angelina Jolie wouldn't change the fact those BA dormitory seats are awful and at least a decade out of date....
        Angelina Jolie as IFE? I'd fly LCC for that chance

Comment

Being sat opposite Angelina Jolie wouldn't change the fact those BA dormitory seats are awful and at least a decade out of date....
          When travelling solo and with the ability to select some of the preferred seats, I would still pick BA J, warts-and-all, over any carrier deploying a 2-2-2 JCL layout, new or old. IMHO, a bulkhead 744 upper-deck seat is actually one of the most spacious and private JCL seats currently flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            IMHO, a bulkhead 744 upper-deck seat is actually one of the most spacious and private JCL seats currently flying.
            744 upper deck, or 744 pointy end...those parts of the plane fully justified the tag "A Great Way to Fly" whether on SQ or many other airlines. The stuff memories are made of...all other planes are tubes with wings...

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              When travelling solo and with the ability to select some of the preferred seats, I would still pick BA J, warts-and-all, over any carrier deploying a 2-2-2 JCL layout, new or old. IMHO, a bulkhead 744 upper-deck seat is actually one of the most spacious and private JCL seats currently flying.
              Fair point, but a few points to consider with that. First is that most airlines are going, or have already gone 1-2-1 with flat beds these days on intercontinental routes. The only decent BA JCL seats are the 744 UD, but the majority of them are on 744 LD and 777's, where they pack a eye watering eight across. Bearing in mind some airlines get criticised for having ten across in YCL then BA's eight across in J is really taking the p*ss.

And I did specifically mention 'dormitory', which is what those eight across JCL cabins are called, and they are slowly phasing the 744's out, even if they still have a large fleet at the moment. The biggest I think.

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
              744 upper deck, or 744 pointy end...those parts of the plane fully justified the tag "A Great Way to Fly" whether on SQ or many other airlines.
              I am afraid BA fall short on that as well as they pack fourteen seats in the nose of their 744's. A mate of mine recently turned down an upgrade to F on BA as he was in 64A and thought that was better than the 4E he was offered.

Comment

Fair point, but a few points to consider with that. First is that most airlines are going, or have already gone 1-2-1 with flat beds these days on intercontinental routes. The only decent BA JCL seats are the 744 UD, but the majority of them are on 744 LD and 777's, where they pack a eye watering eight across. Bearing in mind some airlines get criticised for having ten across in YCL then BA's eight across in J is really taking the p*ss.

And I did specifically mention 'dormitory', which is what those eight across JCL cabins are called, and they are slowly phasing the 744's out, even if they still have a large fleet at the moment. The biggest I think.
                All fair points indeed. BA doesn't hold a candle to the Premier League Asian/ME carriers, all of which have a consistent 1-2-1 JCL product.

However from time to time, my travel options may have include B-League carriers, either with 2-2-2 flatbeds or inconsistent new & old JCL deployment. Against the likes of the guys, LH, MH, AY, KL, AF, UA, etc., I'd still go for the BA 744 UD or (though I haven't tried it yet) the A380 UD...

Comment

• Was on a flight where almost the whole F cabin (B77W) was occupied by what looked like the royal family from a Malaysian state or Brunei. Their companies were walking back and forth J/F, must have been stressful for the crew.

Comment

• Not SQ related I know but the Pet Shop Boys are currently sat on the table next to me in the Pier F Lounge at HKG.

Comment

Not SQ related I know but the Pet Shop Boys are currently sat on the table next to me in the Pier F Lounge at HKG.
                      Normally celebrities are of zero or even negative interest to me, but right now I want to trade places with you so much...

Comment

Not SQ related I know but the Pet Shop Boys are currently sat on the table next to me in the Pier F Lounge at HKG.
                        What have you done to deserve this?

Comment

• mm the east end boys and west end gerls

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Gold!!!

He should fly back to MAN. Go West!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Originally posted by saobangpo View Post
                              mm the east end boys and west end gerls
                              Yes, very good. Since you went away.....

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Gold!!!

He should fly back to MAN. Go West!
                              I saw Neil head off to find the toilet and meant to collar him on the way back and ask if their tour manager was around (he wouldn't be in F like them) as I know him and especially his daughter who is a close family friend. But they went to board the same CX bird back to LHR that I just got off at gate 62.
                              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 3 December 2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                He should fly back to MAN
                                left to my own devices I probably would

Comment

Working...
                                X