Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online StarAlliance Redemptions coming 7 Dec

Just received the following:

As part of our ongoing efforts to give our members greater convenience, we are pleased to inform you that PPS Club and KrisFlyer members will be able to redeem miles for flights on Star Alliance and other partner airlines on singaporeair.com or via our mobile app from 7 December 2017.

At the same time, updates have also been made to redemption award levels for Star Alliance carriers and will take effect on the same day. Click here to view the new Star Alliance Award Chart.

With effect from from 7 December 2017, an offline service fee of USD25 or 2,500 KrisFlyer miles will be introduced for the following services rendered by any Singapore Airlines office and reservations hotline:
    • Redemption ticket bookings
    • Redemption ticket changes
    • Redemption upgrades
    • KrisFlyer membership services, including updating of passport details, adding or changing Redemption Group Nominees

As an exclusive benefit, this offline service fee will be waived for all PPS Club members and Supplementary card holders.

Let's see how that works for mixed class bookings...

Certainly hope they allow mixed class bookings online as I'm planning to book one of these to KEF (and there's no F all the way to KEF), but as the offline fee will be waived for redemptions that cannot be purchased online I'm not too concerned.

Bummed at the pricing increase but as far as increases go these aren't too bad, and was always a matter of when not if after the increases for SQ redemptions. An additional 15.5k miles per person each way in our case.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 November 2017, 05:35 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Ouch...

KrisFlyer online Star Alliance award redemptions are here. But they don’t work.

Comment

I kinda agree. For e.g. it doesn't allow me to redeem SIN-HND on NH

Aegean just allowed their members to redeem star alliance flights on their portal. And while their options are not as extensive as Aeroplan or say UA, it's way better than SQ

Shame on SQ.

Comment

Unlike UA, it doesn’t give a lot of options either....

Complex routings and mixed class bookings still need to call in

Comment

SQ really ought to hire a future-ready CIO and invest in an experienced IT team. It seems like every new feature they add is to catch up to competition and is usually marred by poor execution.

Comment

Tried a dummy redemption for AKL to SIN on SQ. No dice.

Quite an embarrassing show after all the announcements. Are they still using the same IT vendor which was responsible for the fiasco that was the 2011 SQ website?

Comment

We didn't mean the 7th when we said 7th.....(good speech...lol)

Ya...many things don't work on Star Alliance or other airline search. I managed to find a Virgin America Flight costs 10k KF from Seattle to SFO....

Comment

Sigh, its all their IT guys trying to get on the Agile IT development train. They forget the key part of "Minimum Viable Product" is "Viable", and not "Minimum".

Comment

Working...
                  X