Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
    Economy amenity kits are now only available upon request on long haul flights.
    is there such thing? I was flying SIN-BCN on J and only given socks and eye mask without any bag. If there is an economy amenity kits, shouldn't there be one for J?
    visit my blog

Comment

• Economy long haul passengers used to receive a pouch containing a toothbrush, toothpaste and socks, if I remember correctly. It's kind of pointless anyway. So I support the move to make it by request only.

Comment

• The new meal tray for CGK-SIN hot meal. More compact with 1 main, 1 dessert and 1 orange juice. Previously the meal tray was bigger in size with more stuffs including one main, 1 dessert, 1 orange juice and 1 water with a cup.

The serving size for the main course is still the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post

The new meal tray for CGK-SIN hot meal. More compact with 1 main, 1 dessert and 1 orange juice. Previously the meal tray was bigger in size with more stuffs including one main, 1 dessert, 1 orange juice and 1 water with a cup.

That looked bad at first, then I realised that apart from the water & cup, everything is the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
            That looked bad at first, then I realised that apart from the water & cup, everything is the same.
            Do they use the old cups for coffee/tea or using new disposable cups?
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post

The new meal tray for CGK-SIN hot meal. More compact with 1 main, 1 dessert and 1 orange juice. Previously the meal tray was bigger in size with more stuffs including one main, 1 dessert, 1 orange juice and 1 water with a cup.

yes... same tray. missing roll bread also
              visit my blog

Comment

• That's pretty recent then, was only in Jakarta last month. I'd rather they dropped the OJ and kept the water.

It's quite interesting the difference a small change can make: years ago I lived in Jakarta and a mate was the CFO at the Mandarin and he told me (as accountants in arms together) about the time they changed the glasses by the juices at breakfast to a slightly smaller size, they saved thousands of dollars in juice cost over a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                  Do they use the old cups for coffee/tea or using new disposable cups?
                  My neighbour and I didn’t ask for tea or coffee so can’t comment.

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  yes... same tray. missing roll bread also
                  For short flight to Jakarta, there usually aren’t any bread rolls and appetiser.

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                  That's pretty recent then, was only in Jakarta last month. I'd rather they dropped the OJ and kept the water.
                  I agree.. but the good thing is that the cabin crew offered us water in a 330ml plastic bottle (with ask cabin crew for refills printed on the side) is provided for every pax. .
                  Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                  Last edited by davidfusq; 20 September 2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• I had a weird experience in Y flying to ZRH a few days ago. I’ve always asked for the peppermint tea in the meal service immediately before sleeping on every long haul flight I’ve taken. While it’s no longer listed, it still says that a “selection of teas are available” on the menu.

This time after I requested it, whisperings and glances went on between crew members and after a while one of the crew brought me a peppermint tea in my plastic cup and announced it was “from business”. In the morning during breakfast service, the same crew member then began addressing me only using my surname over and over. “Mr SQ228, would like the noodles or the omelette? Mr SQ228, would you like coffee or tea? Can I pour a juice for you Mr SQ228?” I’ve never been called by my name in Y ever and wasn’t sure what to make of it.

Has anyone else tried asking for a different tea in Y lately? If SQ are no longer offering any caffeine-free hot beverages (seriously what does a teabag cost?) but still plying everyone with hard liquor, I really won’t be very impressed. I think flight health and well-being should be of greater priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      In the morning during breakfast service, the same crew member then began addressing me only using my surname over and over. “Mr SQ228, would like the noodles or the omelette? Mr SQ228, would you like coffee or tea? Can I pour a juice for you Mr SQ228?” I’ve never been called by my name in Y ever and wasn’t sure what to make of it.
                      Isn’t being called by name a good thing? Unless it was made in spite of course.

Comment

• I noticed if you have an empty SIA mineral water bottle they will offer refill it for you.

But feel this can be a hygiene issue during the refilling especially if a slight turbulence may inadvertently make the receving bottle be in contact with the filling bottle.

Or am I just too paranoid?

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
                          Isn’t being called by name a good thing? Unless it was made in spite of course.
                          Well I really couldn’t tell. It’s not something I associate with travelling in Y and it’s never happened before. I wasn’t sure if he was of the view I though I was somehow important and needed ego attention. But all I’d done was ask innocently for something that’s always been available for years so I was really confused. I’m really self conscious about never wanting to be rude or demanding to the cabin crew I guess.

Comment

Well I really couldn’t tell. It’s not something I associate with travelling in Y and it’s never happened before. I wasn’t sure if he was of the view I though I was somehow important and needed ego attention. But all I’d done was ask innocently for something that’s always been available for years so I was really confused. I’m really self conscious about never wanting to be rude or demanding to the cabin crew I guess.

Seems you became "that passenger"

Comment

I had a weird experience in Y flying to ZRH a few days ago. I’ve always asked for the peppermint tea in the meal service immediately before sleeping on every long haul flight I’ve taken. While it’s no longer listed, it still says that a “selection of teas are available” on the menu.

This time after I requested it, whisperings and glances went on between crew members and after a while one of the crew brought me a peppermint tea in my plastic cup and announced it was “from business”. In the morning during breakfast service, the same crew member then began addressing me only using my surname over and over. “Mr SQ228, would like the noodles or the omelette? Mr SQ228, would you like coffee or tea? Can I pour a juice for you Mr SQ228?” I’ve never been called by my name in Y ever and wasn’t sure what to make of it.

Has anyone else tried asking for a different tea in Y lately? If SQ are no longer offering any caffeine-free hot beverages (seriously what does a teabag cost?) but still plying everyone with hard liquor, I really won’t be very impressed. I think flight health and well-being should be of greater priority.
                              Having read your post I decided to try it out on a recent trip to Japan. I pointed to the menu where it indicated “a selection of teas” and asked the stewardess for peppermint tea. She said they didn’t have that. I then tried Darjeeling and earl grey. No luck with those either. So then I asked: what sort of tea do you have? She replied: green tea, English breakfast and uhhhh... *awkward pause*

I went with green tea in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                                Having read your post I decided to try it out on a recent trip to Japan. I pointed to the menu where it indicated “a selection of teas” and asked the stewardess for peppermint tea. She said they didn’t have that. I then tried Darjeeling and earl grey. No luck with those either. So then I asked: what sort of tea do you have? She replied: green tea, English breakfast and uhhhh... *awkward pause*

I went with green tea in the end.
                                Thank you for that information and for your investigation! So it seems it is now correct that they offer no hot caffeine-free beverages, but we can get plenty of beer, spirits and wine. The last time I flew long haul QF, they actively promoted herbal tea. That’s some fantastic development in healthy flying, SQ!!

Comment

Working...
                                X