No announcement yet.

Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has indeed gone from the SINSGNSIN flights I was on last weekend.

Comment

• In the last one week, I notice that there is very poor capacity on the SQ call centre. Just called a few minutes ago, was routed to the general inquiry line and the staff said that the call had been routed because the KF hotline had too many calls. So he could not handle my request to tweak my redemptions and reissue tickets or even to reserve an empty seat I wanted pending the cancellation and reissuance of an existing redemption ticket.

If this is going to be the permanent service level for the KF hotline going forward, then it is very bad. Never had such long waits (in the last 2-3 yrs) up till this one week period.

Comment

• SQ must do more to look at enabling tech savvy customers to help themselves online. There're still too many services that can only be done via the KF/Reservations Hotline. Presumably it's a case of balancing security and flexibility, but they need to really make booking flight tickets far more enjoyable than what it is today.
        Last edited by CarbonMan; 8 November 2017, 10:10 AM. Reason: Bad grammar!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          SQ must do more to look at enabling the more tech savvy customers to help themselves online. There's still too much services that can only be done via the KF/Reservations Hotline. Presumably it's a case of balancing security and flexibility, but they need to really make booking flight tickets far more enjoyable than what it is today.
          Absolutely!

The more I can do for myself on a site without having to make time for a lengthy phone call, the more I want to deal with that company. It's win-win.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Absolutely!

The more I can do for myself on a site without having to make time for a lengthy phone call, the more I want to deal with that company. It's win-win.
            I can't remember where it was, a blog or SQT or FT, that I read that the writer's friend in SQ back end said that some of their systems were still on Office 2003 because SQ is scrimping on non-customer facing systems. Perhaps to a certain extent, their online booking system too.

Why we can't get instant miles refunds also is beyond me.

Comment

• Haneda flights down to 1 meal in Y

Was on SQ 632 SIN-HND in Y 8th November and just noticed that they now only serve lunch. Previously there used to be a refreshment service later into the flight. No biggie since it's a short 6+ hours flight. Menus are still distributed.
              Last edited by jonleong; 8 November 2017, 09:36 AM. Reason: Adds

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                Was on SQ 632 SIN-HND in Y 8th November and just noticed that they now only serve lunch. Previously there used to be a refreshment service later into the flight. No biggie since it's a short 6+ hours flight. Menus are still distributed.
                SQ has been serving only one meal on Japanese flights for quite some time already, with rotations between NRT-LAX being the exemptions.

Do flights between SIN and SYD, MEL, BNE still serve 2 meals?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
                  SQ has been serving only one meal on Japanese flights for quite some time already, with rotations between NRT-LAX being the exemptions.

My last flight up to HND a few months back had 1 meal + 1 refreshment service so can't have been that long ago that they started cutting back.

Comment

• A few months back is breakfast + refreshment service for SQ632?

If they change it to lunch, then probably no refreshment service.

The refreshment services for Tokyo flights are usually served if that flight is serving breakfast/brunch. No refreshment service for lunch/dinner.
                    Last edited by orionmiz; 8 November 2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                      In the last one week, I notice that there is very poor capacity on the SQ call centre. Just called a few minutes ago, was routed to the general inquiry line and the staff said that the call had been routed because the KF hotline had too many calls. So he could not handle my request to tweak my redemptions and reissue tickets or even to reserve an empty seat I wanted pending the cancellation and reissuance of an existing redemption ticket.

If this is going to be the permanent service level for the KF hotline going forward, then it is very bad. Never had such long waits (in the last 2-3 yrs) up till this one week period.
                      It’s the holiday season so typically around this time of the year it is more busy. Quite normal in my experience. Even PPS members do wait longer, happened to me recently as well. Too bad I can’t afford my own private jet

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post

My recent flights on the above 3 destination yup they served 2 meals in J one main meal and another is a light meal.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                          My recent flights on the above 3 destination yup they served 2 meals in J one main meal and another is a light meal.
                          The same applies to Y. I was in Australia just last month and we got a main and a light meal.

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                            A few months back is breakfast + refreshment service for SQ632?

If they change it to lunch, then probably no refreshment service.

The refreshment services for Tokyo flights are usually served if that flight is serving breakfast/brunch. No refreshment service for lunch/dinner.

Yeah I did SQ 632 a few months back and IIRC they called it Brunch and then had a Refreshment service. Fast forward to today and same flight same timing they pushed service back to around 11am and called it Lunch and just one meal. Sneaky but effectively psychologically since you eat almost at the half way point of the flight.

Originally posted by maverick_lim View Post
                            The same applies to Y. I was in Australia just last month and we got a main and a light meal.

I'm on SQ 211 SIN-SYD next week so let's see if it's 1 or 2 meal services.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick_lim View Post
                              Yes, you are absolutely correct. There is always a full meal and a light meal. The exception to that rule would only be PER.

The cost-cutting measures aren't that extreme, people!

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                                My last flight up to HND a few months back had 1 meal + 1 refreshment service so can't have been that long ago that they started cutting back.
                                Oh that's interesting! I was on SQ632 in J back in October and they only served 1 meal, perhaps they changed it somewhere then.

Have been on SQ12/SQ11, SQ638/SQ637 between SIN-NRT and the return leg SQ633 from HND too, and they all served 1 meal only too.

I'm not too sure if there are any changes to the number of meals with the new SQ11 timing though, since LAX went double-daily 77W and they were able to push for an earlier departure timing.

Originally posted by alian View Post
                                Thanks for the confirmation! Haven't been Down Under for quite some time Maybe it's time to try the new A380!
                                Last edited by SQ-77W; 9 November 2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X