X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow all to save 10c per tea bag at most. That's a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      I had a weird experience in Y flying to ZRH a few days ago. I’ve always asked for the peppermint tea in the meal service immediately before sleeping on every long haul flight I’ve taken. While it’s no longer listed, it still says that a “selection of teas are available” on the menu.

This time after I requested it, whisperings and glances went on between crew members and after a while one of the crew brought me a peppermint tea in my plastic cup and announced it was “from business”. In the morning during breakfast service, the same crew member then began addressing me only using my surname over and over. “Mr SQ228, would like the noodles or the omelette? Mr SQ228, would you like coffee or tea? Can I pour a juice for you Mr SQ228?” I’ve never been called by my name in Y ever and wasn’t sure what to make of it.

Has anyone else tried asking for a different tea in Y lately? If SQ are no longer offering any caffeine-free hot beverages (seriously what does a teabag cost?) but still plying everyone with hard liquor, I really won’t be very impressed. I think flight health and well-being should be of greater priority.
      Hah, maybe they thought that you are their frequent flyer, (maybe even PPS member, but flying Y class that day) to know of peppermint tea even though you are in Y class. Maybe to do service recovery, they started calling you your name.

Comment

• Originally posted by jul247 View Post
        Hah, maybe they thought that you are their frequent flyer, (maybe even PPS member, but flying Y class that day) to know of peppermint tea even though you are in Y class. Maybe to do service recovery, they started calling you your name.
        Possibly, but I’m only KFES, previously KFEG and I definitely didn’t act as though I was annoyed. I just innocently asked for it and then it all began. It wasn’t a very full flight so maybe they got bored in the night and started looking up KF preferences of passengers

Comment

• Peppermint tea is very soothing, SQ should keep offering it!

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          The last time I flew long haul QF, they actively promoted herbal tea.
          I saw recently QF having introduced a number of healthy items for their ultra-long haul routes. Given that SQ does similar length flights they should do the same...

Comment

• Am looking at the inflight menu options on the website for SQ26 in J later this month and it looks like they've cut the number of main courses from 4 to 3 for the first meal service...

Comment

• SQ in recent months has gone on a cutting spree in JCL and it’s getting really annoying.

As for the types of tea in Y, I think it’s a case of pax simply not knowing the choice exist. Then eventually SQ removes them because less and less people order them. I fear one day TWG tea and illy coffee will be removed from J on regional flights simply because they have removed the full menus from those flights, resulting in many pax not knowing that these choices even exist. Only a frequent flier who knew before-hand would know to ask for these tea/coffee options.

Comment

• SQ should stop all its cost-cutting on the meals in all classes from now. As even the BTC selection for especially morning flights have been cut too. SQ should instead focus on getting efficiency from other areas of flight ops.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  SQ should stop all its cost-cutting on the meals in all classes from now. As even the BTC selection for especially morning flights have been cut too. SQ should instead focus on getting efficiency from other areas of flight ops.
                  Agree. Even though I'm about to re-qualify for TPP, I'm seriously re-considering my loyalty to SQ in the coming year... $50k is a lot to spend on one airline that doesn't seem to appreciate customer loyalty, feedback, and continues to just cut cut cut.

I think it's only logical that if you take away too much from the customer, they will just opt to leave??

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    Agree. Even though I'm about to re-qualify for TPP, I'm seriously re-considering my loyalty to SQ in the coming year... $50k is a lot to spend on one airline that doesn't seem to appreciate customer loyalty, feedback, and continues to just cut cut cut.

I think it's only logical that if you take away too much from the customer, they will just opt to leave??
                    I have to agree. While I spend less, no other company in the world has gotten more of my disposable income over the last 5 years in percentage terms. Over 10% of my wage goes on SQ tickets each year. First they changed accrual rates to make any meaningful status unobtainable and now I’m not worth a 5 cent teabag. On top of that I’m a constant brand ambassador with friends and family even though their diabolical website often embarrasses me when I go to help friends book and it crashes, or as was recently the case, charged a credit card three times for the same booking.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                      The real problem with SQ is service, but Iam not talking about meals. Who ever has complained to SQ about service lapses will know what iam talking about. Bland statements with "we refer this to the relevant dept for follow up" and nothing ever happened thereafter.
                      I have still a complaint pending since 2 weeks, even so iam TPPS no answer yet. But anyway I know the answer already.

Not providing a lounge in CCU, while other airline offer the one and only lounge there? SQ states this lounge is not up to their standard. But the sub-par AI-Lounge in MAA does meet SQs standard, but this lounge is obviously not the standard of other *A carriers as they divert their passengers elsewhere. Huh?

Appreciation of status onboard: there is quite a spread. Some crews give a damn, some will go the extra mile, but honestly its depending.

Noted the other day that pre-meal drink service was skipped (again). Next flight (same flight no) you realize its not cost cutting as the pre-drink service is still happening.

They need to sort out their standard.

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      SQ should stop all its cost-cutting on the meals in all classes from now. As even the BTC selection for especially morning flights have been cut too. SQ should instead focus on getting efficiency from other areas of flight ops.
                      Even so that the BTC meals a pretty popular among people in FF forums, the outside world seem not to bother too much. If I look around in the cabin the BTC options are not too popular. Why maintain a selection of 15+ meals if only very few take such an option? Just adding cost and from my point of view an easy cost-cut because not many people will realize.
                      I had a time when I tried myself through the BTC options, but my honest opinion is that they are not great at all. For instance, the lobster thermidor which is praised by many people was a real let-down.
                      I stopped choosing them for quite a while, I feel they are totally overrated.

Someone above commented on the meal selection during nite flights. The reality is that a large number of passengers chose not to eat during redeyes, especially after departure. Iam sure that SQ dumps a large number of meals after each of this flights. Logic would suggest to cut. Sure will make some people moan, but.....

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      I have to agree. While I spend less, no other company in the world has gotten more of my disposable income over the last 5 years in percentage terms. Over 10% of my wage goes on SQ tickets each year. First they changed accrual rates to make any meaningful status unobtainable and now I’m not worth a 5 cent teabag. On top of that I’m a constant brand ambassador with friends and family even though their diabolical website often embarrasses me when I go to help friends book and it crashes, or as was recently the case, charged a credit card three times for the same booking.
                      The grass is always greener on the other side. Whats the alternative?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                        The real problem with SQ is service, but Iam not talking about meals. Who ever has complained to SQ about service lapses will know what iam talking about. Bland statements with "we refer this to the relevant dept for follow up" and nothing ever happened thereafter.
                        I have still a complaint pending since 2 weeks, even so iam TPPS no answer yet. But anyway I know the answer already.
                        Well it took them 1 month to get back to me on my feedback (TPPS here as well) so I won't be surprise if you need to wait a couple more weeks for them to reply. But in all seriousness though, either they are receiving more feedback from the pax thus affecting the time taken to reply or they have reduced the number of staff looking into such feedback. I don't remember them taking so long to reply me in the past.

Comment

• Can anyone confirm that ,on recent SQ flights there’s less catering choices ?
                          Meaning, passengers don’t get a choice of meals and some will be left with no food at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 422 View Post
                            Can anyone confirm that ,on recent SQ flights there’s less catering choices ?
                            Meaning, passengers don’t get a choice of meals and some will be left with no food at all.
                            unlikely, as far as I am told number of pax = number of meals loaded (even for those who buy tickets just before the flight)

THose without choices might be for KUL flight. But I won't be surprised if in the near future CGK and SGN might be down to 1 choice only meals.

Comment

• Originally posted by 422 View Post
                              Can anyone confirm that ,on recent SQ flights there’s less catering choices ?
                              I’ve been pretty critical in this thread but in this situation I would have to say that in my recent Y flights I’ve found the situation has generally improved. More flights seem to have three options rather than two and it’s been a few years since I’ve missed my preferred choice.

About 5 years back one of the two options would frequently run out and as someone who has a strong negative reaction to the smell of fish, it caused me a couple of difficult situations. I’ve definitely never in my history of SQ flights seen meals run out. Disclaimer- I only fly medium/long haul routes. I’ve never taken an SQ flight shorter than 5 hours.

Comment

• A screw found in the soup in Suites from SIN to AKL!!

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/8Zs0XKGpR...o0rrJlqLz3IPn4

Comment

Working...
                                X