Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ to add 12 NEW destinations this financial year?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which route wull Israeli PM take to reach Singapore, isnt he barred from Malaysian and Indonesian airspace surrounding Singapore? and what route will SQ take to Tel Aviv?

Comment

Is there the possibility to exploit 5th freedom rights MXP-JFK for another US city and operate a SIN-MXP-USA?

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
        Which route wull Israeli PM take to reach Singapore, isnt he barred from Malaysian and Indonesian airspace surrounding Singapore? and what route will SQ take to Tel Aviv?
        I guess via Bangkok FIR.

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Would it be possible with a 5th freedom flight from Copenhagen to Stockholm and then back to Singapore as an "add-on" to SQ351/SQ352?
          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

But it was mentioned on airliners.net that within five seconds ? or minutes of takeoff aircraft are in Malaysian airspace, is that true?

These are said to be the routes from a poster at that site

The 12 referenced routes for this fiscal year are already known.

Amritsar
            Canberra
            Dalian
            Dusseldorf
            Fuzhou
            Jaipur
            Luang Prabang
            Sapporo
            Vientiane
            Wellington
            Wuxi
            Zhengzhou

In addition Athens has has been announced for summer 2017.
            Last edited by singha-puri; 6 November 2016, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
              But it was mentioned on airliners.net that within five seconds ? or minutes of takeoff aircraft are in Malaysian airspace, is that true?
              With the current wind situation, aircrafts are departing in southerly direction means over Singapore controlled airspace.

Comment

Is Singapore monitored airspace same as territorial airspace, how much of that territory is Malaysian and Indonesian that Singapore FIR is handling, how much is international?
                Last edited by singha-puri; 6 November 2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I would also guess BOS, since CX seemed to be doing well on that route.

Comment

Vancouver is not such a bad idea to reconsider, the A350 could do it without as many restrictions as SFO. Perhaps, if SQ does so, it may be a benefit as what if my next decision for a dream city is Vancouver for work and to live after I graduate. Anyway that is left up to SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Vancouver is not such a bad idea to reconsider, the A350 could do it without as many restrictions as SFO. Perhaps, if SQ does so, it may be a benefit as what if my next decision for a dream city is Vancouver for work and to live after I graduate. Anyway that is left up to SQ.
                      Indeed, with SQ's significant feed from India, SQ could possibly ride on the demand between India and Canada, something which the ME3 are restricted on right now (3 flights per week each by EK and EY). SQ meanwhile are unrestricted, so long as they do non-stop flights, something which the current A350s could possibly do (albeit at the edge of their performance capability) to Vancouver. Vancouver is also currently out of reach for the ME3 due to current bilaterals, and the city itself has a significant Indian diaspora.

I would say that a slightly modified (less premium heavy configuration, would be ideal to take into account the more VFR nature of an India - Canada route - China Airlines for example is able to fit 306 passengers in 3 classes vs the 253 currently carried on SQ's A350).

In addition, SQ could develop a stronger relationship with AC for further connections to other Canadian Cities as well as possibly other US and Mexican cities. All in - there could be significant traffic for SQ to tap on.

Comment

You're going to let SQ decide your career and home base?

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                          You're going to let SQ decide your career and home base?
                          No, but these are some suggestions/ideas based definitely on my observation of Seattle when i went for 3 days in August as far as population goes. I am sure the recent US election results have surfaced many like myself to change my dream city from Seattle to Vancouver.

Personally I don't care if it doesn't happen, I can always fly back to SFO and fly with my family.

Comment

No, but these are some suggestions/ideas based definitely on my observation of Seattle when i went for 3 days in August as far as population goes. I am sure the recent US election results have surfaced many like myself to change my dream city from Seattle to Vancouver.

Personally I don't care if it doesn't happen, I can always fly back to SFO and fly with my family.
                            This isn't relevant to people discussing SQ selecting new destinations.

There are chat sections on the forum where you can tell people about your life plans.

Comment

i think the CNA article quote was misleading / taken out of context. If you read the transcript of the 1H results, SIA CEO was referring to 12 destinations that have been added / announced by the Group this FY16/17. And if one includes already announced Athens (albeit in FY 17/18), that would make it 13 'new' destinations by the group.

quote from the transcript:
                              So these are just some examples of the growth that you can see from the Group, including the four airlines, that has been announced. So by the end of this financial year - within this financial year - the SIA Group actually would have added 12 new destinations, and that is not a small feat, especially given the kind of environment that we are having. And we wouldn't have been able to do so, had we not had this push to go on the portfolio model, and we had not actually taken a decisive step to acquire those new aircraft. Athens is here. Athens of course will not be in this financial year. It will be next year, but it was announced by Scoot so as to allow early sales. So if you add Athens, all those announced, we're talking about 13 new points. So if you consider all these new points, then the Group now would serve 132 destinations. And like I said, by the end of the financial year, it would have 175 aircraft in the fleet in total.

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
                                i think the CNA article quote was misleading / taken out of context. If you read the transcript of the 1H results, SIA CEO was referring to 12 destinations that have been added / announced by the Group this FY16/17. And if one includes already announced Athens (albeit in FY 17/18), that would make it 13 'new' destinations by the group.
                                Yes, I think you might be onto something there...

Comment

Working...
                                X