observations at checkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• observations at checkin

Today I checked in at SIN T3 and showed my BD no status card (to credit miles) and KF*G (to get priority baggage)... the checkin staff immedately gave me back my KF*G card and printed out my boarding pass, but it said BD*G...

so looks like check-in agents can change the status (for that segment at least) if they need to... interesting... now lets just see where the miles post!
    matt_will_fix_it

No, I don't think the agent changed your status. That also happened to me when I was regaining BD status while using my KF EG card to obtain *G privileges, and there was no tap-tapping at the computer when I was collecting my BP because I had already nominated my BD account when I booked.

I suspect it's just the system's way of recognizing elite status within *A when FFPs are linked to your KF account through your profile. (If you tell me you hadn't put your BD number in your KF profile, then my hypothesis would be wrong. )
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That's normal - been that way for years. I remember my BPs showing LH*G when I first started crediting to LH 5 years ago and had no LH status. The status is picked up automatically from the FQTS number, which, if you're PPS or EG, will show the *G status.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        That's normal - been that way for years. I remember my BPs showing LH*G when I first started crediting to LH 5 years ago and had no LH status. The status is picked up automatically from the FQTS number, which, if you're PPS or EG, will show the *G status.
        Doesn't status get picked up from the FQTV field as well?

EDIT: I just noticed you didn't say "only from the FQTS number". My bad.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Doesn't status get picked up from the FQTV field as well?
          Yes. But if no status on the FQTV FFP and FQTS is entered then it will pick it up from there.

Comment

Working...
          X