Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody here tried the Carlton Hotel in Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody here tried the Carlton Hotel in Singapore?

feedbacks please... thanks.... i heard that it was renovated recently....

Originally posted by tokyonite View Post
    There's a new wing coming up soon too.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Stayed there once many years ago.
      Location is not too bad..simple rooms though.
      If you want a relatively low cost decent hotel, this is not a bad place to stay in.

Comment

I have stayed quite often there when my dad visited me during my secondary school years in Singapore

It's a decent hotel, closely located to Orchard Road and Raffles City shopping mall.

Comment

Even before the renovations, I thought the rooms were very good value for money. As others have mentioned, it has a great location.

The issue I had was that I always experienced inefficient checkin and checkout.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I have stayed there quite a few times as SQ is putting me up in this hotel complimentary on my flight from YVR to MNL via SIN which has a forced over night in SIN.
            There are a few choices SQ gives me usually but I always take the Carlton because if it's location, next to the Raffles Hotel and the
            rooms are nicely done and spacious though nothing special.
            I checked the prices just to see how much it would cost if I paid myself and found them to be good value for what you get.
            The service, checking in and checking out has always been very friendly in my experience but that might be due to my really late arrival, around midnight when not many others are around and check out is usually around noon when most have gone already.
            Overall a very nice hotel in a good location. I like to walk over to the Raffles for lunch or dinner and the River isn't far to walk either and it's a nice walk.

Comment

I haven't stayed since the renovation. It is a good, nice, steady hotel. Very comfortable, but not luxurious in case that's what you're looking for. You can walk to Suntec City and the Convention Center there, City Hall MRT station and the shops there, the Singapore Art Museum, or even Bugis and the DHL Balloon.

Comment

Stayed there twice.... paid abt SGD300+++ ( back then ) per nite.Overall,it was all rite.

Upon reservation, the deal was supposed to be inclusive of breakfast for two bt when we check-in , it wasnt.The check in staff said that she would checked and get back to me, bt alas she didnt until I check out.And dod I mention they miss my wake up call..? Room decor was rather outdated..think Stamford.

Second time, finally got I wanted a room with a pool view on lvl 17.No issues EXCEPT tht they took four months to release the amount tht they had initially blocked frm my card.Other than tht it was ok.Where the room is concerned, it was pretty much the same.

Comment

Working...
                X