• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    Great TR

Will try the Byron burger next week if I have time

Miss the 744

9V-SIA: Thanks! If you do get to Byron, do post a picture! Yes, these days I would go out of my way to fly a 744.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
      i was in London when I saw your TR this morning... wanted to head there for lunch but decided to eat seafood hofun instead. no fight lah. shall try this the next time I get to London. thanks! great TR!
      isaac: Thanks for reading! You should post pictures of your hofun, or tell us where you ate so we can head there too. When overseas, I can usually go about 4 or 5 days on whatever the local food is wherever it is I am...then cravings for home food set it, and I need to eat at least one Singaporean style meal (with rice or noodles, preferably spicy) to reset my palate before eating the local food again.
      Last edited by yflyer; 19 May 2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Urgh, your trip report totally made me miss Byron! Truly some of the best burgers anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
          Urgh, your trip report totally made me miss Byron! Truly some of the best burgers anywhere!
          coffeeblack: Nice to know there is another Byron fan out there!

Comment

Back to Byron!

In London again. Made my way back to Byron this evening to settle some unfinished business!

Best burger I have eaten in a long time...perfect from first fiery bite to last!
            Last edited by yflyer; 27 June 2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Someone told me Patty&Bun is/are now the best - W Leicester's doorman/all-round concierge seems to agree that it's better than Byron, any truth in that? Unfortunately their grill was off when I popped by on a Monday last month...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Someone told me Patty&Bun is/are now the best - W Leicester's doorman/all-round concierge seems to agree that it's better than Byron, any truth in that? Unfortunately their grill was off when I popped by on a Monday last month...
                Thanks for the tip! There is always room for another burger contender

Have not tried Patty&Bun, but will do so next time I am in the UK. Speaking of which I have left the UK and just got into Toronto. Flew BA...my next TR will have a certain dreamlike quality to it...

Comment

Sometimes things are best left to chance...or serendipity...

In London this week, and got out of the tube station at Liverpool Street looking for a quick lunch. Saw a Burger King sign (comfort food...) within the train station, and headed towards it, but it was shuttered. I walked onto street level and strolled aimlessly along...

A Patty&Bun outlet appeared before my eyes...first I had ever encountered in London...and I vaguely remembered Kyo mentioning it...

I stepped in and ordered a burger...heavenly! Extremely messy to eat, but the pay-off is a very juicy, tasty burger. And as good as (perhaps even better than) Byron, but I would like to return for a few more burgers before passing judgement...

Full details and also impressions of SQ's new 77WN in Y coming up in a TR as soon as I get the chance...[UPDATE: TR now complete!]
                  Last edited by yflyer; 27 June 2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

OMG, midnight burger viewing is never a good idea...

Comment

Ha, I didn't read the latest posts and recommended P&B as an alternative to Byron.

As it turns out, you've already gone. Give Honest Burger a try next time; their burgers also really good.

Comment

Originally posted by chisquared View Post
                        Ha, I didn't read the latest posts and recommended P&B as an alternative to Byron.

As it turns out, you've already gone. Give Honest Burger a try next time; their burgers also really good.
                        Thanks, chisquared! Yes I recall you also recommended P&B in reply to another burger thread...and you were absolutely right too. Delicious! OK got to look for Honest Burger next...

Comment

OMG, midnight burger viewing is never a good idea...
                          Probably not, but midnight burger eating could be...

...but where???

Comment

In Singapore, Fat Boys closes at 00:00... maybe a last dash takeaway?

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

I have not flown BA J myself. If anyone has first hand experience comparing BA J with SQ J, do share your thoughts on how they compare.
                              I had an opportunity to try it last month.

I don't like it

It's like SQ Y seat except that it's lie flat! Width 20" vs SQ Y 19"

If you like window seats, they all face backwards. I like to face forward.

The only forward facing seats are the aisle seats, the least private.

The head-to-toe seat arrangement means you get to stare at your neighbour when the privacy screen comes down

This happens at landing & take off. And during meal service for some crew

Very little storage space too
                              Last edited by 9V-SIA; 18 November 2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

In Singapore, Fat Boys closes at 00:00... maybe a last dash takeaway?
                                I have not tried Fat Boys in Singapore...will look out for them!

Comment

Working...
                                X