Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak, Bed and Breakfast on SQ16 ICN-SFO (Seat 11K)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brings back great memories of my SIN-ICN-SFO-HKG-SIN flight last year.

It's the best SQ routing to USA now that the non stops are gone.

The long trans Pacific crossing is when you sleep

The poached eggs & steak look to be perfectly done

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

Thanks, 9V-SIA!

I agree that SQ16 is the best SQ routing to USA (West Coast)...SQ2 via HKG isn't too bad either, but I prefer the SQ16 arrival time, around mid-day, rather than arriving in the evening on SQ2.

On the return leg, SQ1 is great because you can sleep all through the night after the late night departure, and when you wake up, it is morning in HKG...

Yes, I was very impressed with the steak!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
        Cheers for the TR!
        Thanks, Pinkfloyd!

Comment

Great TR, yflyer! Do you know if this seat is similar to that of refitted 777-200ER on AMS route?

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            Now if only SQ would roll out more 77WNs...itching to try one of those...
            Same here! Hoping they get rostered on to Sydney when SQ has enough of the type.

Comment

Thanks!
              I can never know how to sleep on SQ16 or SQ12. How to sleep at 7pm Singapore time?

But on SQ 2, nice sleep all the way. The only problem is that arrival is in the evening and I wouldn't sleep until 4am.

On SQ16/SQ12, it would be a horrible short sleep onboard and then would be super tired by 8pm at the destination to sleep properly and adjust to Pacific Time

Originally posted by schumaster View Post
              Great TR, yflyer! Do you know if this seat is similar to that of refitted 777-200ER on AMS route?
              Yes, it's the same

Comment

Originally posted by schumaster View Post
                Thanks, schumaster! As SQueeze mentioned, the seat is the same international business class in 1-2-1 layout.

That said, the IFE may still be the older Krisworld i.e. still full AVOD, but with a smaller selection of programmes, and 4:3 aspect ratio. (Can anyone confirm?)

Comment

Thanks, schumaster! As SQueeze mentioned, the seat is the same international business class in 1-2-1 layout.

That said, the IFE may still be the older Krisworld i.e. still full AVOD, but with a smaller selection of programmes, and 4:3 aspect ratio. (Can anyone confirm?)
                  Yep, flew on it on IST-SIN. IFE selections less than the new system but still sufficient. However no fanciful USB and AV ports, just a traditional 3-pin electrical point.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Reading your report brought a great sense of deja vu, especially your commentary of the crew wishing our Asian games athletes all the best with goodie bags. Then I checked my photo album.... and realised we might have been on the same flight

Last edited by icn.sg; 15 October 2014, 11:50 AM. Reason: Link broken

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                      Reading your report brought a great sense of deja vu, especially your commentary of the crew wishing our Asian games athletes all the best with goodie bags. Then I checked my photo album.... and realised we might have been on the same flight
                      Yes! It looks like the same flight...I couldn't make out the aircraft rego on the nosegear on your SQ pic, but the clouds are exactly the same in our pics of the UA 757 at SFO after landing...

We were probably sitting in the same section of the plane on the SIN-ICN leg, towards the rear of the Y cabin, where there were quite a few athletes.

Small world!
                      Last edited by yflyer; 15 October 2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Yes! It looks like the same flight...I couldn't make out the aircraft rego on the nosegear on your SQ pic, but the clouds are exactly the same in our pics of the UA 757 at SFO after landing...

We were probably sitting in the same section of the plane on the SIN-ICN leg, towards the rear of the Y cabin, where there were quite a few athletes.

Small world!
                        Indeed. Aircraft rego was SWB. I was also seated in the last cabin, last couple of rows. I share your strategy when flying economy... there's a higher chance of having a seat next to you empty at the back. Unfortunately, my gamble didn't pay off on the SIN-ICN sector. On the ICN-SFO leg, the last cabin was only 30% filled. Almost everyone had their personal lie-flat seat.

Comment

A fantastic report, thanks for sharing, I will have my maiden SQ flight in J on SIN-NRT in about 3 weeks, I am very excited!

Comment

Originally posted by AirCanada881 View Post
                            A fantastic report, thanks for sharing, I will have my maiden SQ flight in J on SIN-NRT in about 3 weeks, I am very excited!
                            Thanks, AirCanada881! Enjoy your SIN-NRT flight, and let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
                            X