Rumour: SQ to return on YVR non-stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: SQ to return on YVR non-stop

Heard that SQ will return to YVR non-stop on days that they don't fly to SEA. ie Mon, Wed, Fri

Apparently to be launched 1/Apr 2020

Huh, I was expecting SIN-HKG-YVR on TR, to give Cathay and AC a run for their money...

an infrastructure geek

Comment

I hope this is true!

Comment

This would be excellent news if it comes to fruition.

Comment

I will believe this only when I see the official announcement. I have sound reasons for this view...

Comment

Yes its better to wait till announce by SQ as this rumour have been around for some years. In fact, just a few months ago there were some reports on why SQ is not going to launch as the numbers of travellers from SIN to YVR is insufficient as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              I will believe this only when I see the official announcement. I have sound reasons for this view...
              ...that SEA forward bookings are so strong that weekly frequencies will be increased, hence almost no days of the week without SQ service to SEA?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                ...that SEA forward bookings are so strong that weekly frequencies will be increased, hence almost no days of the week without SQ service to SEA?
                The first post was posted on April fool day. So up to you to believe or not.

Comment

Ah. Good one haha

Comment

definitely a joke as it says too that it will be lauched on 1st Aprl 2020.
                    But then well this subject of flying to Vancouver have been around for some years.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      definitely a joke as it says too that it will be lauched on 1st Aprl 2020.
                      But then well this subject of flying to Vancouver have been around for some years.
                      From around 2:33 in the video in the link, the Changi Airport Group MD, Air Hub Development, talks about seeking direct flights from Vancouver and Toronto.

https://blueswandaily.com/video-of-t...k-white-spots/

I'm sure CAG has spoken to both Air Canada and SQ. I read somewhere that Air Canada has been less enthusiastic about YVR-SIN after United started SFO-SIN though.

Comment

And SIA doesn't seem interested at this point too as SQ will begin its direct flights from SIN to Seattle from September, which is a short hop to VCR.

Comment

And SIA doesn't seem interested at this point too as SQ will begin its direct flights from SIN to Seattle from September, which is a short hop to VCR.
                          SQ would be very interested in flying to YVR, if they could get the right access, which at the moment they can't.

How short or long the hop is to a destination already served doesn't necessarily dictate the viability of a route. MAN-LHR is also a short hop, and unlike SEA-YVR in the same country, but SQ have still flown to both for over 30 years.
                          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 7 April 2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            SQ would be very interested in flying to YVR, if they could get the right access, which at the moment they can't.
                            I was under the impression that the bilateral between Singapore and Canada was unrestricted for non-stop flights.

Someone visiting Canada might not necessarily have a US visa. Plus under the current administration there is likely additional scrutiny crossing the border from Canada to the US. So going from Vancouver to fly SEA-SIN and vice versa isn't highly attractive. Why would one choose to fly via USA and be subject to TSA and CBP if you don't need to?

Comment

Do remember like a almost a year ago, some figures were given and the pax numbers to YVR an back is not sufficient for SIA to launch a daily service.
                              If the pax numbers are justifiable, SIA will start a service to YVR whether its 4 or 7 times a week. However am sure SIA todate finds it not feasible, but find Seattle a more viable city to fly to.

Comment

Working...
                              X