SIA 737 MAX Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
    MBF has now been transferred to the Singapore Airlines AOC as of 1 June.

Interestingly, three more 737-800s (to be sold) have been moved to SIA's AOC (MGF, MGH, MGP).

This suggests the SilkAir AOC will be wound up imminently.
    The most logical reason I would think of is that they want to bring over those aircrafts to be sold to go under the SIA AOC and to wind up SilkAir before the end of 2021.

Correct me if I’m wrong.
    Last edited by HS-TND; 4 June 2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I have just seen a video advertisement for 737 MAX flatbed business class on Facebook from the official SQ page.

Is this now in service or is it to come?

Comment

There should be 6 737 Max planes from ex Silkair that should have been retrofitted already in SIA colors. However these Maxes have yet to take to the skies as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          retrofitted already in SIA colors.
          Do you mean repainted or had flatbeds installed?

Comment

both - flatbeds are installed as well as havinf been repainted

Comment

New Business Class flat beds now revealed.

First commercial flights "in the coming weeks".

Comment

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...with-in-flight

Interesting to note that they have removed mention of the term Max in the press release.
                Was wondering why they were refurbishing their 737-8s when reading the article.

Comment

It could be possibly the journalist unfamiliarity with aircraft types. SIA did announced just a few days ago that its 737-8 MAX would be flying soon. The aritcle use of just 737-800 is not accurate in the way that it mentioned the 738 together with the 2 crashes which are the Max and not simply 738. If the Max is not used, there should be another word for it to distinguish between the 738 and the 737-8 Max/

Comment

It could be possibly the journalist unfamiliarity with aircraft types. SIA did announced just a few days ago that its 737-8 MAX would be flying soon. The aritcle use of just 737-800 is not accurate in the way that it mentioned the 738 together with the 2 crashes which are the Max and not simply 738. If the Max is not used, there should be another word for it to distinguish between the 738 and the 737-8 Max/
                    SIA have remove the MAX wording.

See their press release

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s.../ne2321-211116

Comment

Even though SIA have remove the Max word as part of its rebranding of the plane - but think its still a misnomer. As the 737-800 and the 737-800 Max are very different models.
                      Its becomes even confusing as there are thousands of 737-800 flying and to simply call the 737-800 Max as the 737-800 is of course technically wrong. In place of Max, SIA should have a ew word to replace it to distinguish the 2 types of 737 planes.

Comment

Even though SIA have remove the Max word as part of its rebranding of the plane - but think its still a misnomer. As the 737-800 and the 737-800 Max are very different models.
                        Its becomes even confusing as there are thousands of 737-800 flying and to simply call the 737-800 Max as the 737-800 is of course technically wrong. In place of Max, SIA should have a ew word to replace it to distinguish the 2 types of 737 planes.
                        Actually, in my opinion, by removing the Max word from the plane, SIA have indeed distinguished the MAx series from the 737-800 (NG) planes.

Firstly, there aren't officially any "737-8 Max" or "737-800 Max". Those planes, according to Boeing's official naming, are supposedly 737 Max 8 (as are the rest of the 737 Max series, i.e. "737 Max 7", "737 Max 9" and "737 Max 10". Therefore, technically, by dropping the "Max" and putting a dash in between the "737" and "8", they have indeed distinguished between the two. To the general public, most people won't know the technical difference anyway, and so some, people would only know the "Max" series are unsafe due to the 2 crashes. So I believe SIA is trying to "stay away" and distancing themselves from the crashes by dropping the Max name.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Comment

Yes you are correct in saying that SIA is trying to "stay away" and distancing themselves from the crashes by dropping the Max name.

Comment

The inside look of SIA's 737-800 Max lie-flat business class and economy

https://mainlymiles.com/2021/11/16/s...oeing-737-max/

Comment

Finally the first 737-8 Max flight will be to Phuket on 23rd November, after almost 2 years of being grounded.

Comment

9V-MBG, SIA's 7th MAX, will be delivered on 25th November at 14:10 as SQ8890 from Guam.

Aircraft made it to Honolulu so far on the delivery jaunt.

Still in MI colours and will need cabin refit etc...

7 more MAXs to follow by 31st March 2022, only one of which is in SIA paint already (9V-MBN)

Comment

Working...
                                X