X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitaire PPS Qualification

I just qualified for Solitaire PPS and wanted to share some observations:

1) You can qualify for up to 23 months

Any existing PPS will become a Solitaire PPS for the rest of his membership year and one full year. There is no change/reset in expiration date/membership year.

I qualified on 30 June 2021 for another year as PPS and I became a Solitaire PPS last week. Solitaire status is now good till 30 June 2023.

2) You keep your PPS reserve value

My PPS reserve value was carried over and is now Solitaire PPS reserve value.

3) Qualification requires three days to reflect

While PPS milestone rewards post the following day, Solitaire was only reflected only on the third day after I qualified by PPS value.

Quite a feat to qualify for TPPS during COVID !

Comment

I consider Covid to be over and I am looking forward to my VTL flight back to SIN from MUC tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        I consider Covid to be over
        Our sentiments are aligned. Unfortunately Minister Wong et al. disagree.

Comment

Their views are the same and they published them in June.

Ong Ye Kung was on my flight to FRA and he will not quarantine upon return.

Covid isn’t gone of course but it’s endemic now at least for Singapore.

Comment

Actually with Covid they now allow credit card mile earn to become PPS$ whereas in the past it was based on J or F class booking value so it’s much easier to get TPPS

Thanks for the info SMK77 I was thinking of holding back my CC miles transfer until the last moment but guess that’s not needed

Comment

Their views are the same and they published them in June.

Ong Ye Kung was on my flight to FRA and he will not quarantine upon return.

Covid isn’t gone of course but it’s endemic now at least for Singapore.
              Are you sure - did OYK tell you that he does not need to be quarantined?

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                Are you sure - did OYK tell you that he does not need to be quarantined?
                Feel free to check with MOH, they should know. I can’t comment on OYK but I can tell that green lane arrangements have seen people entering Singapore under strictly enforced rules without quarantine and I was one of them in December last year.

Comment

Feel free to check with MOH, they should know. I can’t comment on OYK but I can tell that green lane arrangements have seen people entering Singapore under strictly enforced rules without quarantine and I was one of them in December last year.
                  In other words, you did not know and yet claimed, without any qualifiers, that "he will not quarantine upon return." But now instead you say "I can't comment on OYK" and to check with MOH.

The reason why I asked is because contrary to your claim, OYK had been serving out his applicable SHN period and that is why he had been remotely attending the MTF sessions.

There's enough misinformation out there. Let's not contribute to it.

Comment

In other words, you did not know and yet claimed, without any qualifiers, that "he will not quarantine upon return." But now instead you say "I can't comment on OYK" and to check with MOH.

The reason why I asked is because contrary to your claim, OYK had been serving out his applicable SHN period and that is why he had been remotely attending the MTF sessions.

There's enough misinformation out there. Let's not contribute to it.
                    There are thousands of people who entered Singapore without quarantine - mostly CEOs - approved by the very same government OYK belongs to. If he choses to quarantine to please PAP members and the public then that’s his choice. He doesn’t have to and can go under the same blanket approval.

Comment

There are thousands of people who entered Singapore without quarantine - mostly CEOs - approved by the very same government OYK belongs to. If he choses to quarantine to please PAP members and the public then that’s his choice. He doesn’t have to and can go under the same blanket approval.
                      First of all, i believe you mean SHN, not quarantine.

Secondly, many of the C suite entries came via the RGL and ATP route, of which many are currently suspended. The RGL and ATP route applies, as you have already alluded to, to the targeted overseas business population that the government (rightly or wrongly being a separate issue) hoped to attract. It doesn't apply to OYK, for obvious reasons. So your spiel about "please PAP members and the public" is completely misguided, and once again short on substantive facts.

If you feel salty that you didn't get to enter Singapore just like these C suites, that's a separate issue and doesn't give you free rein to slap facts around. There is no way he can "go under the same blanket approval" because he is obviously not a foreigner.

I have a rather poor impression of OYK and his ilk but you were (and still are) just cooking up baseless smoke. If you can't be bothered to read the legislative provisions (or even the websites) for each of the various potential entry routes into Singapore, then that's fine, but please don't puff out unhelpful misinformation and then when called out for your lack of veracity, come up with a Hail Mary and say "go check with the government". I call that plain irresponsibility.

Comment

If you feel salty that you didn't get to enter Singapore just like these C suites, that's a separate issue and doesn't give you free rein to slap facts around.
                        Oh, boy.

You don't have to become a fan boy of mine but you could at least read.

I entered Singapore like a CEO in December under RGL and I expressively mentioned that: "I was one of them".

I like OYK and if I can enter Singapore twice with no SHN (RGL, VTL) as a foreigner you can waive SHN for one of your key ministers as well.

Comment

Oh, boy.

You don't have to become a fan boy of mine but you could at least read.

I entered Singapore like a CEO in December under RGL and I expressively mentioned that: "I was one of them".

I like OYK and if I can enter Singapore twice with no SHN (RGL, VTL) as a foreigner you can waive SHN for one of your key ministers as well.
                          Ah thanks for pointing that out. Now if only you bothered to do the same before writing about "blanket approval" (and now changing it to "waiver"). I would have thought a chairman is much more thorough than that.

As for this waiver thing. Just like how some places waive the queue for vaccination jabs for certain members of society? Whilst others waive the quarantine requirements for people to go private shopping? And how some other places also waive the usual AML procedures for ministers and their coterie?

And it certainly isn't maintained by discretionary whims. The ATP and RGL routes were specifically set up to attract those business population. No applicable non-SHN route for OYK, so he has to go under Returning SC/PR route. Simple.

Comment

No applicable non-SHN route for OYK, so he has to go under Returning SC/PR route. Simple.
                            Maybe you only read the Straits Times or you really don't get it:

Plenty of C-suite level people living in Singapore, working in Singapore and returning from overseas to Singapore were not subject to SHN. And they did not have to apply for any RGL/VTL/whatever non-sense.

They were just allowed by your government to travel back and forth because of their local importance to oversee large businesses and many, many jobs.

And it's kind of ironical how you don't know and argue till the cows come home why a minister who is kind of equal to that population has no other choice than SHN.

Comment

And it's kind of ironical how you don't know and argue till the cows come home why a minister who is kind of equal to that population has no other choice than SHN.
                              I like the red herrings but that's where you're hopelessly wrong. A minister is a lesser person than "that population" - being the self-aggrandizing foreigners who are God's greatest gift to Singapore. That's why no "blanket approval" for OYK.

Comment

Working...
                              X