Aircraft 77W
    Registration B16717
    STD 0740H (GMT+8)
    ATD 0801H (GMT+8)
    STA 1200H (GMT+8)
    ATA 1155H (GMT+8)
    Seat 9K
    Royal Laurel class

Found that we will be flying back to SIN using the very same plane that flew us from JFK earlier. Chose a different seat - In the second J cabin behind the main one. This cabin was slightly smaller, but I didn't find it noticeably more cozy or private.

Breakfast Meals
    Taiwanese Plain Porridge serve with Braised Bean Curd Stuffed with Minced Pork, Baby Cabbage with Ginkgo Nuts and Wolfberry
    Chive Omelette with Pan Fried Chicken Sausage
    Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup, and Traditional Cold Delicatessens

Widely-recommended beef noodles. Decent, definitely not earth-shattering, but comforting to my Asian tongue at 35000 feet.

By this time, I was already exhausted from the trip, and not really looking forward to going back to work - I couldn't remember what I did during the 4-hour journey.

Spent 20 hours of my life in this particular metal.

And here concludes my NYC trip report, flying with EVA, the newest member of Star Alliance.

Summary:
    - Rimowa box was bigger than expected.
    - Seat was comfortable to lounge in. Sleeping-wise, fairly decent - Inability to sleep well was my inherent problem.
    - Service was variable, at the worst it was pleasantly polite, at best it was almost SQ-quality. Generally not as polished and proactive as I'll like it to be, but I am happy enough. (I love the Taiwanese mandarin, by the way..)
    - NYC is a really mixed-bag city!

Please leave behind your comments and feedbacks, this being my virgin trip report. For starters, I think I should scale down the photos..

Thanks for reading!

Afterwords

Initially wanted to post this last installment on Sept 11, as a tribute to the catastrophe 13 years ago, but I procrastinated..

Never forget!

With the worsening conflicts around the world and we are heading down to yet another show-down of ideologies and powers and arms, I could only pray for world peace..

Comment

Excellent 1st TR.
      Thanks for sharing on BR & NYC

Look forward to more TRs in the future

Comment

Originally posted by VerySleepy View Post
        Could I sleep with this hardware? I wasn't able to get a good sleep but all were due to my own issues. I'm a side-sleeper and the natural tendency was to face away from the aisle - Therefore straight into the illuminated control panel at the side of the seat/bed. Putting on the eye shades, on the other hand, disturbs my sleep! And to sleep supine, I'll need to spread out and contort myself in all sorts of angles, which will necessitate a queen-sized bed. (I’m a royal PITA! ) So I'll go ahead and say that these seats are actually very, very decent.
        Nice report! I have the same issue as you. I feel that the bed still needs a little more space on the side , don't you find the 'side wall' that juts out by a few cm bothersome and kinda block your elbow movement? I somehow don't see that of a issue on Cathay though.

Comment

Thanks 9V-JKL and j.lin! And yes, agreed with j.lin about the 'protrusive' side wall.. A wee bit restrictive..

Comment

Working...
          X