No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the pictures, it also seems like SQ has opted for standard overhead bins in Y and Y+ instead of the pivot bins. I know the early SKs had pivot bins throughout, while later ones had pivot bins in the middle and standard bins at the side. Now the middle ones are normal bins too.

Probably a grand total of 0 people care about this though.

Comment

• I detect a frisson of excitement in California and a flurry of googling..

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        http://www.straitstimes.com/business...-economy-seats

Ver 1 12R 60J 399Y
        Ver 2 12R 86J 311Y
        Ver 3 6R 78J 44PY 343Y

The trend is interesting.
        Does anyone know what a B-700ER is? Lol.
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
          As a Senior Aviation Correspondent, you would expect Karamjit to have got her digits right. She has once again proven the fact that Aviation Correspondents often do not, as many times round, a file photo of the right aircraft type is featured in error too. Total disgrace.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
            Whatever it is, they have only a fortnight to refit 5 of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              And as we know all too well, it takes at least 6 weeks for one to hatch, maybe with or without an air-test.....

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                And as we know all too well, it takes at least 6 weeks for one to hatch, maybe with or without an air-test.....
                That we do... No variables can possibly exist except for the lack of data recording the air test.

Comment

• What we don't know is whether and which wifi hump we will see once hatched......which is also an unacceptable variable that absolutely must be confirmed.

Comment

Five more B-700ERs will be retrofitted with the new class of seats before the end of next year.
                    To me that sounds like end of 2018. They got lots of time

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                      Five more B-700ERs will be retrofitted with the new class of seats before the end of next year.
                      To me that sounds like end of 2018. They got lots of time
                      There are only 4 left though. I think the information is old and the end of 2017 date is their originally planned finish, which has now been extended yet again. They only have SWI, SWS & SWT left to go (SWG currently undergoing), so I can't imagine it will take a year to finish that off. The A380s are commencing refit somewhere in the middle of 2018 I think I saw, so they'd want to finish with the 77Ws by then, you'd imagine.

Comment

There are only 4 left though. I think the information is old and the end of 2017 date is their originally planned finish, which has now been extended yet again. They only have SWI, SWS & SWT left to go (SWG currently undergoing), so I can't imagine it will take a year to finish that off. The A380s are commencing refit somewhere in the middle of 2018 I think I saw, so they'd want to finish with the 77Ws by then, you'd imagine.
                        Yes, you’d think they would have finished humping by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                          Yes, you’d think they would have finished humping by then.
                          Yes.....wouldn't want the 77Ws humping with the A380s......

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                            Yes.....wouldn't want the 77Ws humping with the A380s......
                            Wondering what that would create. A 747 perhaps
                            In all honesty miss those megatops, undoubted queen of the skies

Comment

so they'd want to finish with the 77Ws by then, you'd imagine.
                              SQ are not doing the A380 refurb so might not be an issue for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                SQ are not doing the A380 refurb so might not be an issue for them.
                                I hadn't thought of that- quite true. While that removes the issue of hangar space, I still think clearing the 77W refits before the A380s is important though, as the 77W is used as a fill-in/exchange aircraft on many A380 routes (AKL, SYD, MEL, NRT, LHR, CDG etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X