Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ flexibility ex-LHR

Hi all,

We (2) are booked in biz on SQ321 leaving LHR 13/1/18 at 2205 but have a short (1h50) connection at SIN to AKL. Does anyone have any experience on being switched to the earlier SQ319 leaving at 2035, FOC?

Many thanks!

Don't worry about the tight connection (it's not even that tight). Plenty of time to transfer at SIN. To change your flight free of charge, it really depends on the ticket fare you've booked. You can check on your ticket for changing/cancellation fees (at least if you've booked directly at Singapore Airlines).

I tried to change my previous Singapore Airlines flights several times (some times because SQ changed the type of aircraft) but I was never allowed due to the non-flexible fares I had. It's clearly mentioned during booking process and almost all airlines are very strict on it nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by LeisureFlyer View Post
      Don't worry about the tight connection (it's not even that tight). Plenty of time to transfer at SIN. To change your flight free of charge, it really depends on the ticket fare you've booked. You can check on your ticket for changing/cancellation fees (at least if you've booked directly at Singapore Airlines).

I tried to change my previous Singapore Airlines flights several times (some times because SQ changed the type of aircraft) but I was never allowed due to the non-flexible fares I had. It's clearly mentioned during booking process and almost all airlines are very strict on it nowadays.
      Thank you! We have D class tickets but now only J is available so probably no dice. The only hope is that our service (A380) is overbooked and the earlier 77W one isn't but given the amount of J seats I very much doubt that. I'm sure our connection will be fine but if we are late out of LHR and miss it there are no more flights to AKL that day.

Comment

Originally posted by choosethedrew View Post
        Thank you! We have D class tickets but now only J is available so probably no dice. The only hope is that our service (A380) is overbooked and the earlier 77W one isn't but given the amount of J seats I very much doubt that. I'm sure our connection will be fine but if we are late out of LHR and miss it there are no more flights to AKL that day.
        As you said, there are no other AKL flights to be booked on that evening, but I wouldn't be concerned about a 01:50 planned transit. SQ321 has landed in SIN very latest at 19:46 over the last week, and usually 18:51-19:26 (see here). There should be no issue.

If you're really concerned - call up and ask if there's a chance to move to SQ319.

If not, relax. They will take care of you (hotel) and re-protect you the following day, either on the morning Air New Zealand or their own flight 24h later, in the worst case.

Comment

1hr 50mins, is ample time to connect in SIN (even if 321 arrives into T2, which it did when i was on it last week).

As the previous poster mentioned, 321 usually arrives early into SIN, and because it isn't overly busy at LHR for its departure time, rarely is there much of a delay out of there. Its my 'go to' flight out of LHR for this reason, and it's number of quick connections to AUS/NZ.

Comment

Working...
          X