No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ352/351 has switched to the B77Ws now, with 9V-SNB operating the first one yesterday. Tonight's service is by 9V-SWO.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      SQ352/351 has switched to the B77Ws now, with 9V-SNB operating the first one yesterday. Tonight's service is by 9V-SWO.
      It seemed like there were a few celebrations at CPH this morning which is great, managed to see it from my house before arrival as well.
      Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Great way to start CPH, with one of the SN* birds to debut.

Also, I want to update everyone I've just checked ExpertFlyer and it sounds like LHR (318/319) are going 77WR on the 9th of September (Initially reported). At the time I initially reported in July, it was supposed to be 4x weekly from that date. However, after Sep 9th, Monday and Wednesday (11th and 13th) are still served by the 77WN. Friday, September 15th, the afternoon LHR rotation changes to a daily 77WR. Another 77WN yanked completely, probably my prediction is for retrofits. That leaves MEL being the only 77W/77WN route left in our network.

Our 3 class routes (Unless others find more new information about them) continue to remain: SYD (211/212), MEL (237/238), NRT (638/637 though it switches to an A380 in October), HND (634/635), and PVG (836/825)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
          It seemed like there were a few celebrations at CPH this morning which is great, managed to see it from my house before arrival as well.
          Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/CPHAirports/stat...76950422007808

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Our 3 class routes (Unless others find more new information about them) continue to remain: SYD (211/212), MEL (237/238), NRT (638/637 though it switches to an A380 in October), HND (634/635), and PVG (836/825)
            638/637 goes A380 in November I believe

Comment

• This is fantastic news for CPH. Finally rid of the old 772s and enjoying new IFE, new seats and two new class options!

Once FCO goes A350 next month, IST and CHC will be the only remaining 9+ hour destinations of the old 772ER.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                This is fantastic news for CPH. Finally rid of the old 772s and enjoying new IFE, new seats and two new class options!

Once FCO goes A350 next month, IST and CHC will be the only remaining 9+ hour destinations of the old 772ER.
                Yup so true. Since more 77W get converted to 77WR, it's only going to be a matter of time they will have to eventually do something with IST and CHC next. That all depends on how many more A350 come in, and what will be sufficient. Then again, they have overnighted a few 77WR from time to time, until CPH came in. My guess is IST may see the 77WR and CHC (if it can handle the A350) will either be an A350 or 77W.

As far as 638/637, I said October with respect to the Northern Winter schedule on the last week of October.

Comment

• SWW,SWV,SWY the remaining 77WN in the fleet are alternating between 2 routes: LHR (318/319) and MEL (237/238). Will MEL 237/238 go 77WR because those previous 77WN routes usually turn into a 77WR such as SQ1/2 and SQ 318/319.

SWG, SWI , SWS and SWT are the remaining old 77W still remaining on SYD (211/212), NRT (638/637), HND (634/635), and PVG (836/825).
                  SWT has been serving NRT for just over a week now.

2 planes at a time for a refit and about 6 weeks to be completed, I believe the last 3 class 77W will be in for refit by first week of 2018.

I'm was bored thus I typed this little information about the remaining three class 77W , do add on any other information that I may have missed out.
                  Last edited by SQkid; 18 August 2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                    SWW,SWV,SWY the remaining 77WN in the fleet are alternating between 2 routes: LHR (318/319) and MEL (237/238). Will MEL 237/238 go 77WR because those previous 77WN routes usually turn into a 77WR such as SQ1/2 and SQ 318/319.

SWG, SWI , SWS and SWT are the remaining old 77W still remaining on SYD (211/212), NRT (638/637), HND (634/635), and PVG (836/825).
                    SWT has been serving NRT for just over a week now.

2 planes at a time for a refit and about 6 weeks to be completed, I believe the last 3 class 77W will be in for refit by first week of 2018.

I'm was bored thus I typed this little information about the remaining three class 77W , do add on any other information that I may have missed out.
                    When SWQ and SWR hatches, they may serve the LHR and MEL route thus freeing up some 3 class config with 2013 products. Wondering where will these planes go then?

Comment

• Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
                      When SWQ and SWR hatches, they may serve the LHR and MEL route thus freeing up some 3 class config with 2013 products. Wondering where will these planes go then?
                      By MEL, you must be referring to SQ217/218 that's going 77WR in October. However, 237/238 (MEL) will still remain 3-class unless further information is discovered.

The question is not just what will happen to the planes, but rather what will happen to the 3-class routes? They will obviously go 77WR (211/212 to SYD, 836/825 to PVG, 237/238 to MEL), again not including NRT cause that's going A380. That again requires info on when these routes turn 77WR after LHR.

Also don't forget CDG, that's going 77WR soon albeit temporarily.

Comment

• I think from this point onward, the decision making regarding which routes remain 77W or 77WN is likely to be made on PEY cabin availability. Assuming that SWQ and SWR will be replaced by two other non-PEY planes in the refit hangars, the operating non-PEY 77W fleet will be down to just 5 planes in total.

Flights that have the most connections to flights that already have PEY are going to define the final roll out in my view. If any of your sectors are on non-PEY equipped planes, that prevents you selecting PEY for the entire flight without complicated workarounds. If they want to fill the PEY cabin of the connecting flight, then they need to get one onto all sectors.

SQ211 has a lot of connections off long haul flights that now all have PEY. I'd expect that to be a priority. I'm not sure if SQ212 is in the same situation though. SQ237/8 probably isn't much of a priority as it tends to have more connections to short haul flights using older regional equipment. SQ227/8 handles the longer haul connections and for that reason always gets the better planes and sits in MEL for so long as the two directions of the flight pair are 'like for like' in terms of passenger loads and requirements.

What I expect to see for sure is very little future targeting of 77W vs 77WN. There are too few of them left to make it operationally feasible, other than keeping the same plane captive to certain flight pairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          By MEL, you must be referring to SQ217/218 that's going 77WR in October. However, 237/238 (MEL) will still remain 3-class unless further information is discovered.

The question is not just what will happen to the planes, but rather what will happen to the 3-class routes? They will obviously go 77WR (211/212 to SYD, 836/825 to PVG, 237/238 to MEL), again not including NRT cause that's going A380. That again requires info on when these routes turn 77WR after LHR.

Also don't forget CDG, that's going 77WR soon albeit temporarily.
                          NRT is going A380 in November only , It will return to a 77W after 1st December if I am not wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                            NRT is going A380 in November only , It will return to a 77W after 1st December if I am not wrong
                            Yes, basically they can't work out whether to send it to MEL or NRT so it's going to each for a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Yes, basically they can't work out whether to send it to MEL or NRT so it's going to each for a month.
                              I see, i am very sorry for the misunderstanding SQ228 and SQkid

Comment

• Update on LHR via EF:

From Monday, August 28th, SQ318/319 go 77WR Mo, Tu, Th, Sa, Su (5x) while We, Fr are 77WN.

From Monday September 4th, SQ318/319 go 77WR Mo, Tu, Th, Fr, Sa, Su (6x) while Wed is a 77WN for 2 weeks.

From September 14th, the afternoon rotation to LHR will go daily 77WR. This is a likely guess that SWV is next to go for a 77WR conversion, since yesterday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X