No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI 921 from xiamen also diverted to JHB.

Comment

• SQ638 has been delayed out of SIN 3 out of the past 5 days.

- Dec. 22 STD 11:55pm vs. ATD 01:26am (9V-SWT)
      - Dec. 24 STD 11:55pm vs. ATD 12:57am (9V-SWT)
      - Dec. 25 STD 11:55pm vs. ATD 01:33am (9V-SWS)

Any ideas what’s going on?

Comment

• SQ327|27DEC operated by 9V-SMM arriving into SIN this morning (28DEC17) apparently suffered a "hydraulic reservoir leak". Aircraft landed on RWY02C and vacated the runway, but had to be towed to gate E5.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
          SQ638 has been delayed out of SIN 3 out of the past 5 days.

- Dec. 22 STD 11:55pm vs. ATD 01:26am (9V-SWT)
          - Dec. 24 STD 11:55pm vs. ATD 12:57am (9V-SWT)
          - Dec. 25 STD 11:55pm vs. ATD 01:33am (9V-SWS)

Any ideas what’s going on?
          I would like to know about this too... The problem I had when my flight got delayed on SQ638 last month was due to a late arrival flight with only 30mins between its arrival and expected departure however I don’t see such an issue of late arrival flights on these 3 days as they all arrived early.

Comment

• SQ25|02JAN (FRA-SIN) operated by 9V-SKM was delayed by over 7 hours.

STA: 0650 (03JAN)
            ATA: 1412 (03JAN)

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              SQ25|02JAN (FRA-SIN) operated by 9V-SKM was delayed by over 7 hours.

STA: 0650 (03JAN)
              ATA: 1412 (03JAN)
              A relative of mine was on that flight.......they were told that a hydraulic leak was detected while taxiing for takeoff.

Comment

• SQ26 on 4 Jan from FRA to JFK got diverted to SWF.
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

• SQ26 Diverted To Newburgh Stewart Airport

Photo of 9V-SKL on the ground at Newburgh Stewart Airport (SWF), taken by my friend who was travelling with his colleague. This aircraft will next fly into JFK for its return flight to FRA and SIN.

CNBC reported this incident too, given it's unusual for an A380 to fly into this small airport.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/a-si...-blizzard.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post

Photo of 9V-SKL on the ground at Newburgh Stewart Airport (SWF), taken by my friend who was travelling with his colleague. This aircraft will next fly into JFK for its return flight to FRA and SIN.

CNBC reported this incident too, given it's unusual for an A380 to fly into this small airport.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/a-si...-blizzard.html
                    Incredible. Thank goodness they had a runway long enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      Incredible. Thank goodness they had a runway long enough.
                      According to CNBC, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the airport operator, would like to attract more flights there. Perhaps Singapore Airlines could consider deploying its future A359ULH there rather than Newark Liberty.

Comment

• Not the first time a Singapore Airlines A380 has diverted to SWF.

9V-SKT (?) diverted to SWF on 04APR15 while operating SQ26 (FRA-JFK) as well. Back then was due to high winds and runway closure/construction.

Comment

According to CNBC, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the airport operator, would like to attract more flights there. Perhaps Singapore Airlines could consider deploying its future A359ULH there rather than Newark Liberty.
                          It's a very small regional airport with very limited transport connections into NYC. Nearby is a commuter railway line that only runs about once an hour. It would be a very long, expensive taxi ride to Manhattan.

The only international flights are operated by Norwegian, who call it "New York/Newburgh", and it is definitely a LCC airport.

The answer to how such a small regional airport can land an A380 goes back to its history as a military airport. Apparently it's capable of landing a Space Shuttle in an emergency!

Comment

They didn't even have an aerobridge to disembark on. Can you imagine 325 pax trudging down the steps in a snow storm? Not to mention that they probably only had a skeleton team of immigration officers to process them. Must have been quite a nightmare for all the pax.

I would rather the a459ULH fly to EWR, if there's a need to have an alternate to JFK; it's a decent airport, though facilities were basic, especially the tiny SAS lounge. There were trains to Penn Stattion in mid-town and not to exorbitant taxi rides if needed. There's also sufficient air connectivity to other cities.

Comment

• Thanks SQ228 and Carbonman! Yes, it helps to look at the big picture. I learned something today!

Comment

Quite a good "publicity" for SWF and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to have SQ A380 diverts there... An unknown airport suddenly becomes known... Maybe SQ transformation office should demand payment of introduction commission from the Port Authority for bringing new business to the airport.

Comment

Working...
                                X