No announcement yet.

Scoot to Athens?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Longest flight by a low-cost carrier" doesn't sound very attractive to me...

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
      True, I tried it once on the inaugural B787 flight to HKG on Scootbiz. Meals are not worth it... ugh....
      Not only that... Scoot meals does not seem to look "safe" for consumption. I have seen pictures of their meals and could have sworn that the filmsy plastic containing the meal could have partly melted into the food!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
        "Longest flight by a low-cost carrier" doesn't sound very attractive to me...
        They have started selling tickets for travel from next June onwards. IMO, I think that is way too far ahead to purchase an airticket outright. I have a funny feeling that Scoot is hoping that some passengers may forgo the trips later on and they keep the money!

Comment

$739 (fly,bag,eat) after discount code, excluding online payment surcharges, seat selections.

QR,LH,LX priced at $800-900
          You get,
          +3x Meals (each direction)
          +IFE
          +Full Service Airline, no charges on blanket, pillow, extra snacks/meals/drinks/alcohol
          -Transit in Doha,London or Zurich.

If Scoot want's to stay relevant, this kind of prices will kill them. The only winning part is direct to ATH, that's it. Even their current promotions for the past half year, they are no longer as "cheap" as they used to be. Probably that's the reason why they post profit.

Many people with the "Budget always cheapest" mindset always made this mistake, book without checking full service airline fares.

Comment

Scoot adds Athens service from June 2017

Scoot adds Athens service from June 2017

Scoot in 2017 is extending its network to Europe, as the airline opens reservation for Singapore – Athens route earlier today. The carrier will replace Singapore Airlines service previously served in summer 2015 season, operating 4 weekly flights from 20JUN17. Subject to Government Approval, Boeing 787-8 aircraft will operate the following schedule.

TZ702 SIN0200 – 0830ATH 788 x135
            TZ701 ATH1200 – 0425+1SIN 788 x135
            Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Not sure if LCC should be flying long distances over a 10 hour flight, as it is more challenging for a budget airline as its fare cannot be too much lower than some airlines like from the ME3 and even Malaysia Airlines have been promoting itself fairly aggressively and its SIN-LHR fare are as low as S$886 now. Hence Scoot's $739 to Athens is not really that "budget". Even Air Asia X which have flew to UK before and Paris have stopped and its CEO Tony Fernandes have mentioned before that its not really viable for a LCC to fly long international flights and he cited that an aircraft can be better utilised for more trips than doing a 10 hour or more flight. - although it is now considering starting flights to Turkey.

Comment

Scoot Y "all in" is being sold for $288 when I click that link. Scoot Biz "all in" is $888. How are we generating such high fares for comparison if they are selling tickets for $288 "all in"? Or is this a case of advertising a theoretical fare that due to taxes, charges and unavailability is in practice basically impossible to achieve?

Regardless of that, even if the fares aren't cheap, their promotion of them is.

"Get your Greek on. We're popping our European Cherry!"

"Are you getting it daily? Sign up for our newsletter."

Crude, sleazy, tacky and sexist are just some of the words that come to my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  Crude, sleazy, tacky and sexist are just some of the words that come to my mind...
                  Must be the same minds who bestowed the name Kama Scootra on their latest 787.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    Scoot Y "all in" is being sold for $288 when I click that link. Scoot Biz "all in" is $888. How are we generating such high fares for comparison if they are selling tickets for $288 "all in"? Or is this a case of advertising a theoretical fare that due to taxes, charges and unavailability is in practice basically impossible to achieve?

Regardless of that, even if the fares aren't cheap, their promotion of them is.

"Get your Greek on. We're popping our European Cherry!"

"Are you getting it daily? Sign up for our newsletter."

Departure fare is at a promotion of $288 all in while returning fare is pricing at $300+ which comes to about $606 all in roundtrip with 10KG cabin luggage. Meals are charged separately at $50 per way. Couldn't find a return of $288 at all.
                    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                      Departure fare is at a promotion of $288 all in while returning fare is pricing at $300+ which comes to about $606 all in roundtrip with 10KG cabin luggage. Meals are charged separately at $50 per way. Couldn't find a return of $288 at all.
                      Maybe all-in means all of one's body will be in a seat.

And LCCs wonder why they get so many complaints...

Comment

About to try this later this week. My first Scoot experience, although Mrs yflyer is a Scoot veteran.

The booking and pre-flight experience was fine. Seat prices fluctuate by the day. Amazing number of add-ons and upsell/cross sell options that all add up (But not as bad as Jetstar, where every click to the next page when you book seems to add another charge to your bill.)

Will report back!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                          Will report back!
                          We're counting on it!

Comment

Looking forward to your TR yflyer! Have a fantastic trip!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              We're counting on it!
                              Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Looking forward to your TR yflyer! Have a fantastic trip!
                              Thanks, CarbonMan and 9V-JKL! We had a great trip...TR here!

Comment

Working...
                              X