Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Yeah YVR definitely won't happen.

This raises an interesting point though in terms of capability- if SQ wanted to do SEA as has been chatted about here before, they could therefore do it easily with the existing A359 fleet?
    That's possible, but again mostly asked about range capabilities, and to my guess it seems to have it range wise, demand-wise that's another story. My guess for an unnamed US destination with the 359ULR could be BOS or ORD.

I hope they resume EWR for sure, because that's definitely closer to NYC as well as New Brunswick.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      I hope they resume EWR for sure, because that's definitely closer to NYC as well as New Brunswick.
      The state in Canada or the town in New Jersey home to Rutgers?

I can't see either having the slightest impact on passenger numbers or SQ's decision making process.

Comment

The state in Canada or the town in New Jersey home to Rutgers?

I can't see either having the slightest impact on passenger numbers or SQ's decision making process.
        It's in New Jersey. The same place they used to fly the A345 to

Comment

It's in New Jersey. The same place they used to fly the A345 to
          I'm well aware of where the town New Brunswick is. I was there in April and caught a direct train from Manhattan that stopped att EWR.

It's largely a student town due to the presence of Rutgers University. Not a market that SQ is looking at to fill an A359ULR to SIN which is most likely not going to contain a standard Y cabin. Fares will be premium.

So of what relevance is New Brunswick?

Comment

I'm well aware of where the town New Brunswick is. I was there in April and caught a direct train from Manhattan that stopped att EWR.

It's largely a student town due to the presence of Rutgers University. Not a market that SQ is looking at to fill an A359ULR to SIN which is most likely not going to contain a standard Y cabin. Fares will be premium.

So of what relevance is New Brunswick?
            None whatsoever, but that’s what we deal with these days - wild generalisations, total non-sequiters, irrelevant family stories, disregard for facts (even when presented with empirical evidence). And humps.

Comment

• What engines are the SQ 787-10 going to have? Rolls Royce I assume?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                What engines are the SQ 787-10 going to have? Rolls Royce I assume?
                Yes, RR Trent 1000s

Comment

• 9V-SCA has begun final assembly @ charleston.

This will be the 1st 78J to be delivered to SQ

http://nyc787.blogspot.my/2017/12/78...-2017.html?m=0

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    9V-SCA has begun final assembly @ charleston.

This will be the 1st 78J to be delivered to SQ

http://nyc787.blogspot.my/2017/12/78...-2017.html?m=0
                    Wow, the 787-10s are beginning with SC*, huh? Nice. I wonder when she will be delivered to SQ.

Comment

Wow, the 787-10s are beginning with SC*, huh? Nice. I wonder when she will be delivered to SQ.
                      According to the unofficial B787 production site, 9V-SCA is scheduled for delivery on 1 March 2018.

Comment

We've been discussing since mid-September in this very same thread that the registrations would be SC*!!! I went back in the thread to that time and saw you were even part of those discussions. Seriously, stop clogging up these threads with posts about what we already know like it's exciting because you've just noticed it!

Comment

• According to the 787 blog, SQ will receive 8 78Js this year.

http://nyc787.blogspot.sg/2017/12/78...ook-ahead.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                            According to the unofficial B787 production site, 9V-SCA is scheduled for delivery on 1 March 2018.
                            And according to the website, SQ is expecting to receive up to 8 B787-10s by the end of this year.

Yet I remembered from the previous annual report had no mention that SIA is receiving B787-10s this FY. Perhaps they might delay the delivery to April so that SIA can delay payment until the next financial year?

Comment

• Singapore Airlines to receive 8 Boeing 787-10s this year

6 by the end of June and 8 by October according to the delivery forecast.

Comment

• The first 78J is supposed to be delivered late March or latest early April.

Comment

Working...
                                X