No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be a direct impact of SQ002/001 (SIN-SFO) using A359. SQ328/327 (SIN-MUC) will be operated by B77W from 17FEB20 - 28MAR20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
      Might be a direct impact of SQ002/001 (SIN-SFO) using A359. SQ328/327 (SIN-MUC) will be operated by B77W from 17FEB20 - 28MAR20.
      Sounds logical. SQ2/1 is basically two planes which would make the A359 long haul fleet pretty tight, so MUC would free up two when combined with cancellations and daytime slack.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Further fallout to other destinations:

***ALL PENDING OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION***

Cancellations as follows:

4. SQ318 AND SQ321SIN-LHR VV ON 17MAR20
        12. SQ482 AND SQ481 SIN-JNB VV ON 01APR20
        13. SQ026 SIN-FRA-JFK ON 10MAY20 AND SQ025 JFK-FRA-SIN ON 11MAY20

FYI - the above are flights cancellation for end MAR to MAY which are visible through forward booking and cancellation of travels.
        I am absolutely puzzled as to how does SQ come to a decision to just cancel one particular flight on a particular day over the next 3-months due to falling demand?

If there is a fall in air travel demand, shouldn't the flights be reduced from 4 daily services to 3 daily services instead, for example? Or perhaps from daily services to just 5 times a week?

Comment

• And interesting that SQ did cancel some flights including to US close to mid-May, unless their forward bookings now show bookings to be bad, but it seems bit early to cancel May flights at this time.
          Last edited by flyguy; 20 February 2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
            I am absolutely puzzled as to how does SQ come to a decision to just cancel one particular flight on a particular day over the next 3-months due to falling demand?
            Look for flights with weak demand and look for flights the day before/after with capacity to accomondate passengeres of the canceled flight.

For April/May they just reduce the frequency to a lot of destinations.

Comment

• No more hot towel service, only wet napkins will be distributed,

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                No more hot towel service, only wet napkins will be distributed,
                Is this how far SQ has gone? I wonder why and what this has to do with the CoV? Budget cuts?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Is this how far SQ has gone? I wonder why and what this has to do with the CoV? Budget cuts?
                  I would assume the wet napkins are the disposable types, in which case there will be less handling of them and any used napkins could go straight into the disposable bins as compared to a hot towel (which would have to be washed/laundered etc)...

Comment

You should try Hong Kong Airlines, business class service has been reduced to only a single water bottle. Airline is of course struggling massively for some time, but this is all blamed on CoV to reduce risk of infection by interaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by view View Post
                      You should try Hong Kong Airlines, business class service has been reduced to only a single water bottle. Airline is of course struggling massively for some time, but this is all blamed on CoV to reduce risk of infection by interaction.
                      Same for VN. All I got was a bottle of water and 2 napkins SGN-SIN. The stewardess looked like she didn’t even dare to open her mouth to talk to me.

Comment

• Yup for all Asian airlines flying to Asian/North Asia routes are doing the same unles flights to Europe and Australasia remains the same as before

Comment

• My understanding is that the whole intention is to minimize contact between the crew and passengers on these routes.

Understably, the crew are concerned for their health.

Comment

Thought this is quite common sense and that is to protect health and safety of crew?

Which is worth more than anything.

The spread of Covid-19 is all over the news.

Comment

• From Discover on Google https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0bomBeCpuY

Coronavirus: Singapore Airlines steps up cleaning…: https://youtu.be/J0bomBeCpuY

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                                From Discover on Google https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0bomBeCpuY

Coronavirus: Singapore Airlines steps up cleaning…: https://youtu.be/J0bomBeCpuY
                                Is it meant to be 2 different links?

Comment

Working...
                                X