Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone of you got banned by using digital camera inside the aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone of you got banned by using digital camera inside the aircraft?

I received several warnings from CX & SQ while I was flying with them on F & J classes that I was told with any electronic equipment weren't allow to turn on during ground, take-off, & landing, this rule not just applicable to cell phone, iPod, MP3, PSP, etc...also digital camera is included. If that's the case, how can other passengers can take photos & making their trip reports on CX & SQ...!

When I was flying with UA & took photos, I had no problem at all, isn't it because UA is still call themselves a "Friendly Skies"...?

I was not allowed to take photos altogether while waiting for my AA flight at FRA at the gate area. I subsequently found out that there wasn't a rule against it, just that AA staff don't seem to like it. But I wasn;t going to argue with them for reasons related to the fact that it was a US-bound flight.

Other than that Ive never had a problem taking pictures, in the aircraft or otherwise. .
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

No, I never haver problems taking photos inflight on SQ, so as on QF, virginblue and jetstar. Maybe I was lucky enough and not been seen by the crews?

Comment

i took some videos with my camera (not a camcorder) from 17A on SQ in front the FAs. I asked for the permission and they gave it to me. The same for a famous safety video on SQ285.

on CX they were ok when i took some pics /video on the upper deck (was seated on the exit-row on the left, in front of FAs who were able to see me)
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

The MH crew let me take pictures inflight and I had one wing view picture of it, a MH flight attendant saw me taking photos, and she didn't say anything, then she just simply walked away.
          "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

I've often taken pictures in-flight, and never been stopped.

However, once at Brisbane airport, I got frustrated from waiting too long at the carousel for my luggage, and took a picture of the carousel with my phone camera, and was promptly warned by a security person.
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

i forgot to say i put a certain video on Youtube about landing on BA565. In this video ou can hear the purser's voice making announcement.
              Few days later the purser left me a line on youtube and was really happy to see this video. (then we began to chat on MSN)

so also for BA it seems to be ok
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                Few days later the purser left me a line on youtube and was really happy to see this video. (then we began to chat on MSN)
                And.......

Comment

This issue tends to be enforced more in economy than J nor F from experience. Me and my fellow passenger mates never had problems taking photos during landing & takeoff inside business & first cabins. Total different story when travelling in Y.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
                  X