No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This time they have to be careful not to price themselves out of any market. If you force people to upgrade to PY or J, they will continue to take one-stop routes. You then also have to have a "spare" like they used to with the A340s as no other craft would match the seating and distance profile, otherwise you have a bunch of very unhappy J flyers late for important business events when anything goes wrong.

Another advantage of having a variety of classes is being able to also utilise the same craft for non-ULR routes when there are scheduling gaps- perhaps not in a planned way, but rather to "fill in", when needed, for other planes in maintenance. Fleet utilisation seems to be an increasingly important component in the economics of aviation these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Another advantage of having a variety of classes is being able to also utilise the same craft for non-ULR routes when there are scheduling gaps- perhaps not in a planned way, but rather to "fill in", when needed, for other planes in maintenance. Fleet utilisation seems to be an increasingly important component in the economics of aviation these days.
      While this may be ideal, and the a359 is a larger aircraft, the a359ULR will only have a seat capacity of 170 in order to carry more fuel. So since they have a larger cabin and still have to keep to that capacity, SQ will definitely not be putting in Ys.

But they will also not go all-J again, as results from the last config of the a345 has shown, it'll be difficult to sell that number of Js (unless they can drop the price point, but we know they won't). So my guess is that they'll have a combination of J and PY ... and maybe F?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        While this may be ideal, and the a359 is a larger aircraft, the a359ULR will only have a seat capacity of 170 in order to carry more fuel. So since they have a larger cabin and still have to keep to that capacity, SQ will definitely not be putting in Ys.
        They will need to improve their website to handle a mix of Y & PY in the same booking, otherwise nobody will be able to connect to those flights from destinations that don't have PY services. I wouldn't mind upgrading a leg of a booking to PY now and then but they prevent me from booking it, so their loss.

Comment

• Ausbt's write-up on the 10,000th Airbus with plastic champagne "glasses" and all.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/on-board-air...apore-airlines

Comment

• After months of promising CPT/JNB a mix of A359 and 77W, SQ478/9 has just gone quietly all-A359. Can't say I remember hearing about that when we've been speculating about where the next A359 would head, even though they promised Cape Town many months ago.

MEL and HKG are completely out of the picture now, so currently the destinations are: AMS, DUS, JNB-CPT, SFO direct, CGK.

Now we search for news on where SMG's arrival will flow to...

Comment

• Moscow

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              After months of promising CPT/JNB a mix of A359 and 77W, SQ478/9 has just gone quietly all-A359. Can't say I remember hearing about that when we've been speculating about where the next A359 would head, even though they promised Cape Town many months ago.

MEL and HKG are completely out of the picture now, so currently the destinations are: AMS, DUS, JNB-CPT, SFO direct, CGK.

Now we search for news on where SMG's arrival will flow to...

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                Moscow
                It would make sense as DME flies on the days that DUS doesn't so two planes can cover both destinations.

Comment

• SMG has rolled out onto the Flight line and is awaiting its first flight likely next week. She should be delivered end of November.

Comment

• Got some info on the first flight dates for the upcoming A350s.

9V-SMG: 10 Nov
                    9V-SMH: 18 Nov
                    9V-SMI: 29 Nov

If the first flights go according to plan, then we should expect to see 3 more A350s join the SQ fleet before the end of this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                      Got some info on the first flight dates for the upcoming A350s.

9V-SMG: 10 Nov
                      9V-SMH: 18 Nov
                      9V-SMI: 29 Nov

If the first flights go according to plan, then we should expect to see 3 more A350s join the SQ fleet before the end of this year.
                      Yes, these are the expected first flight dates. Both SMG & SMH have rolled out onto the Flight line so it's highly likely that the first flight dates can be kept to. SMI is still in cabin fit and could roll out either next week or the following. SQ's A350s have generally had 3 test flights and were delivered on average 3 weeks after the first flight. So if the first test flight dates are correct, SMG will be delivered at the end of November/first week of December and SMH in the second week of December.

To keep to the 29 November First flight date, SMI will have to be rolled out by 15 November. I believe that this date will be kept to. This will mean SMI could be delivered before Christmas!

Comment

• SFO has mostly been getting factory fresh treatment mostly, rotating between SMD, SME, SMF at times. When the newer aircraft after SMF get delivered, it will probably be doing similar rounds as SMD, SME, SMF have been doing. I won't be surprised if my mom actually flies the newest A350 on SQ31 next month, saying when boarding it smelt factory fresh (or even like a new car smell).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                          SFO has mostly been getting factory fresh treatment mostly, rotating between SMD, SME, SMF at times. When the newer aircraft after SMF get delivered, it will probably be doing similar rounds as SMD, SME, SMF have been doing. I won't be surprised if my mom actually flies the newest A350 on SQ31 next month, saying when boarding it smelt factory fresh (or even like a new car smell).
                          Not a shred of rational logic exists within any of this reasoning and no airline is ever going to roster planes so that their interior aroma is pleasing to your mother.

Comment

• Could we see a permanent A350 service to HKG and NRT/HND soon?

Comment

• SQ324|10NOV to AMS is operated by B777-300ER (9V-SWV).

9V-SMB has not flown since SQ337|08NOV.
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                SQ324|10NOV to AMS is operated by B777-300ER (9V-SWV).

9V-SMB has not flown since SQ337|08NOV.
                                Well currently all six craft must be operational to cover all flights, save the gap between DÜS flights once a week. I would have betted on JNB losing the A359 before any other destination.

Comment

Working...
                                X