New SKL in LHR T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Just wondering, is there any arrival lounge available for SIA Suites passengers arriving at LHR?

Thanks!

Comment

If you arrive on SQ322 in Suites (and First, before the upgauge), you used to be able to access the VS Arrivals lounge. I'm not personally familiar whether this arrangement continues but I have not heard anything to the contrary so it's still probably okay.

Also not sure what happens if you arrive on SQ306, which also has an early morning arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Also not sure what happens if you arrive on SQ306, which also has an early morning arrival.
        Yes to SQ306 also.

Comment

OIC, but how about for later (aka afternoon arrival) flights such as SQ308 and SQ318?

Comment

Virgin Revivals is not open for SQ308/SQ318 arrival.

Comment

Got-it, thanks!

Comment

Hi all, related to my initial query about the lounge in LHR... I have to write a trip report, but trip went very well except for the lounge in LHR...
                The SQ First lounge is a total disgrace in particular the spirits, on champagne only, M&C NV, shame ! Laksa was not bad though
                Still better than the J lounge where I went to have a look, overcrowded as usual in the evening with a 388 and a 77W flight... and no champagne, only bubbly from France, crement

I was told to check the new UA lounge which is apparently very good, but different terminal

Comment

A few weeks ago I wrote a short letter to SQ describing the crowded state of the J lounge at LHR, especially when there are two flights in close succession to each other. I received a reply saying that the Station Manager has been informed and that he has been directed to find ways to alleviate the situation. Of course, nothing has changed when I was there 3 weeks ago. I will be there again in two weeks time, and I'm not going to expect changes. I believe we have to grit our teeth and wait till Sep, post T2 move, before we see any improvement.

Comment

Looks like they are behind schedule.

London Heathrow Terminal 2: Our new home from 17 September 2014

We are pleased to inform you that from 17 September 2014, Singapore Airlines will be moving our operations at London Heathrow Airport to the new Terminal 2: The Queen’s Terminal.

As a valued member of the Solitaire PPS Club, you will continue to enjoy First Class check-in services at our dedicated check-in counters located at Zone A. As we are currently adding the finishing touches to our brand new SilverKris Lounge in Heathrow Terminal 2, we have made alternative lounge arrangements for our Solitaire PPS Club members. Our check-in agents will advise you on the lounge to proceed to before your flight.

We are currently making plans for an arrival lounge service at the new Terminal for our Solitaire PPS Club members arriving on SQ306 or SQ322. Meanwhile, the Virgin Atlantic Revival Lounge in Terminal 3 will still be available for your usage should you wish to freshen up before you leave the airport. Our check-in agents will advise you on the lounge to proceed to before your flight.

For more information on Heathrow Terminal 2, please click here.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you soon at London Heathrow Terminal 2: The Queen’s Terminal.

Comment

I haven't been to the VS Revivals Lounge, but somehow I don't imagine it'll be worth making the trek from T2 to T3 for it.

Comment

I hope one of us will be able to get some pics of the new lounge when it opens this week but coincidentally (or otherwise) SQ may face some union problems and has issued a warning. What a dampener!

Possible delays at London Heathrow Airport on 17 September 2014

Members of the Unite Union in the UK have declared a strike for Wednesday, 17 September 2014. This includes a small number of staff from our local ground handler, ASIG, at London Heathrow Airport.

Singapore Airlines flights to and from London Heathrow are due to operate as scheduled. However, customers may experience some delays, including at check-in and baggage reclaim.

Customers are advised to check in online and to print their bag tags at the self-service kiosks. Customers are also advised to arrive at the airport early.

SIA is working to minimise any inconvenience as far as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Comment

Just been told that the new T2 lounge is about a month away from opening. Recommendation at check-in was to use either Air Canada or United's.

The former is nice and quiet right now, food looks v bland, but on balance a definite improvement on the old T3 SKL business section.

Comment

Originally posted by mrwp2000 View Post
                            Just been told that the new T2 lounge is about a month away from opening. Recommendation at check-in was to use either Air Canada or United's.
                            Anyone has news about the opening of the silver kris lounge? I will be in London for a couple of days next week.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
                              Anyone has news about the opening of the silver kris lounge? I will be in London for a couple of days next week.
                              Hi LHR,

The SQ lounge is still being constructed. It was all boarded up when I was there on 7 Nov (Fri).

I was given the choice of either the United Lounge, Air Canada Lounge or Plaza Premium Lounge.

The Air Canada lounge is near the Satellite Terminal B gates. Some pictures of the AC lounge below.

There are also showers in the AC lounge if you want to freshen up before the flight.

The SQ lounge under construction appears to be located next to the AC lounge.

There is also a Lufthansa Lounge (Star Gold lounge) near the A gates in the main terminal which was not mentioned in the one-pager lounge info sheet by SQ.

There is a great restaurant in the T2 airside area, The Perfectionists' Cafe, with dishes by Heston Blumenthal. I would highly recommend eating there before your flight if you are leaving in the afternoon or evening.

The pics are from an upcoming TR...
                              Last edited by yflyer; 10 November 2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
                                You're not going to get the chance to try it I'm afraid, it's not due to open until next month, probably the middle possibly the tail end.

Comment

Working...
                                X