SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
    I think 9V-SQF will be leaving in mid October or so, when 9V-SWV has been put into service. For now, I will steer clear of any 777-200 flights to Jakarta and choose the 777-300 options.
    Ahh ok ! Thanks alot !

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      SQF is normally used on SQ950/3, SQ958/9 and SQ966/7 every day. Until it stops showing up on databases for those flights for at least a week, you have to assume that is the plane you would get on those flights. We have very plausible theories on here about when it may disappear from the fleet, but unless you work in the SQ plane rostering division, they are just theories.
      Haha thanks ! It didn't occur to me to check 777-300 or 777-200. That will make it much easier to determine. I'll be sure to avoid those flight numbers till i see it shows something other than 777-200

Comment

• SRG is gone for all intents and purposes. No traces of flights for over a month.

The question is whether SQF goes next or another of the SR* series. DXB is no longer in the 773 rotation, having been switched to 77W due to the arrival of SWU/V but I can't see any flights that have been added to the 773 rotation in DXB's place. They just seem to be flying the same flights but with more gaps.

Perhaps once LHR goes daily SWU/V then the use of standard 77W will become more efficient and this in turn will allow the SWA-T fleet to pick up another flight out of the 773 pool, thus freeing up a 773 to assume SQF's 'F-cabin duties'.

Comment

SRG is gone for all intents and purposes. No traces of flights for over a month.

The question is whether SQF goes next or another of the SR* series. DXB is no longer in the 773 rotation, having been switched to 77W due to the arrival of SWU/V but I can't see any flights that have been added to the 773 rotation in DXB's place. They just seem to be flying the same flights but with more gaps.

Perhaps once LHR goes daily SWU/V then the use of standard 77W will become more efficient and this in turn will allow the SWA-T fleet to pick up another flight out of the 773 pool, thus freeing up a 773 to assume SQF's 'F-cabin duties'.
          Maybe SRG is going to scoot ?

Comment

• This was a very old one?
            http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boein...281e3d5c4208e3

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
              I believe that was 9V-SQG...

Comment

• The aircraft isn't very old, only like 12yrs (?), why was it scrapped? I wonder.
                It could have been sold or gone to Scoot?

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                  The aircraft isn't very old, only like 12yrs (?), why was it scrapped? I wonder.
                  wlgspotter, That was indeed SQG, not SRG. It was a leased metal returned to ILFC. Probably part of the sale and leaseback arrangement SQ had with them.

http://www.planespotters.net/Product...321LF-ILFC.php

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                    I believe that was 9V-SQG...
                    Yes, the reg. no. matches SQG on the planespotters database.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                      The aircraft isn't very old, only like 12yrs (?), why was it scrapped? I wonder.
                      It was about 14yo but not as old as SQA which went to Scoot.

Based on the SV* refurb program where the planes being refitted are over 12 years old, it could suggest there's not a lot of money to be made selling old 772s at present.

Comment

It was about 14yo but not as old as SQA which went to Scoot.

Based on the SV* refurb program where the planes being refitted are over 12 years old, it could suggest there's not a lot of money to be made selling old 772s at present.
                        My guess is that:

Younger than 12 years old: Value of parts > Resale value
                        Older than 12 years old: Resale value > Value of parts

So it may make more sense to scrap a plane and salvage the individual parts
                        Last edited by FSJZ; 19 October 2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

My guess is that:

Younger than 12 years old: Value of parts > Resale value
                          Older than 12 years old: Resale value > Value of parts

So it may make more sense to scrap a plane and salvage the individual parts
                          I read somewhere (sorry can't remember exactly where but probably on airliners.net) that apparently SQG had quite a high number of cycles, and that it seemed to be one of the "more problematic" aircraft in their fleet hence it was better scrapped for parts than transfer it to Scoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                            I read somewhere (sorry can't remember exactly where but probably on airliners.net) that apparently SQG had quite a high number of cycles, and that it seemed to be one of the "more problematic" aircraft in their fleet hence it was better scrapped for parts than transfer it to Scoot.
                            I think the same can be said for 9V-SQF

Comment

• SRG has been in the hangar for quite some time. Heard that it is destined for Scoot.

Comment

I think the same can be said for 9V-SQF
                                so SQF will be scrapped ?

Comment

Working...
                                X