London - IC/HI Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    but wonder if it's compatible with PC points?
    It should be. You first log onto pigsback, then follow the IC/HI link and go through your usual booking procedure (membership number etc). So you defintely get your PC points.

You'd need to make a note of the pigsback reference number, and send the hotel invoice to pigsback after your stay.

I've only done it once. PC points came through as usual. Pigsback? Not yet! I'm not sure if it's reliable a not. According to the FT thread, it takes a while for the points to be credited.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Ooh I miss London
      Let's swap ?

BTW, what's the building below ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        BTW, what's the building below ?
        Unless I'm mistaken, it is the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC).

Comment

Anyone has a complementary RA membership for 2008? Would love to experience the free mini-bar!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            Anyone has a complementary RA membership for 2008? Would love to experience the free mini-bar!
            Its my mission in life to make my friends alcoholics.

YHPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              Hi, buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                Unless I'm mistaken, it is the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC).
                That is correct, that building is indeed the Kuala Lumpur Convention center, however the abbreviation KLCC isn't use for it.

KLCC to locals refers to the adjacent Kuala Lumpur City Center - of which the Petronas Twin Towers forms part of.

Comment

YHPM.
                  I am already alcoholics... mostly for Dom and Krug... but will venture to other champagnes as well...

Comment

That's a most honourable mission!
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
                      Hi, buddy!

Get in line

Comment

Get in line
                        ...nickbot steps into place behind CGK and MovieMan

Comment

I was at the IC London this weekend. Got upgraded to an Executive room overlooking the park, and the breakfast was really good. Unfortunately, the rest of the hotel experience was subpar (and I'm not even a very demanding person):

- No fruit/water or welcome gift as RA.
                          - Minibar on first day had no alcohol, had to call and ask for it to be filled.
                          - Realized after friends came to visit that there was no bottle opener in the room. I called instant service 3 times at 15-min intervals, was told each time that bottle opener would be sent right up. First bottle opener arrived after the third call. 30 minutes later, another bellboy came up with a second bottle opener
                          - Minibar was not refilled on the second day. Called instant service about it but it was never refilled.
                          - Housekeeping manager opened the door a half-second after the first knock. I didn't have the DnD sign on as I had just walked in and was taking a leak. I heard the knock and immediately saw the manager in the mirror on the wall behind the toilet. She rushed straight back out
                          - Just before checking out today, I thought I'd make myself a cup of coffee. Using the water-boiler jug for the first time during the stay, I noticed that it hadn't been cleaned - it had a nasty-looking dirty white liquid still inside.

On checkout, I asked for the GM's card. The agent would not give me the GM's card and instead asked me to send an email to the generic london@ihg.com and that guest services would deal with it
                          So I wrote to the IC London GM about the issues I had during the stay (including the room being charged to the wrong credit card even after I changed it at checkin) and they offered me a complimentary weekend stay with Club InterContinental access.

Comment

IC London - One Bedroom Suite

Upon arrival at the IC yesterday evening (circa 17:30), we proceeded to the 7th floor for Ambassador/Club check-in; unfortunately our allocated room (Studio Suite, auto upgrade from booked Executive Room) was still under preparation. The club receptionist was extremely attentive and asked if we could take a seat in the club and wait a little while (although she was unsure how long it was going to take).

Once we had taken our seats by the window, she came over and asked if we would like to order anything off the room service menu (complimentary), we politely declined but asked if there was any cake or similar from high tea left (club high tea finishes at 17:00). Quick as a flash, an attendant brought us over two plates of cake, so we sat there enjoying a couple of Diet Cokes whilst we waited.

Our friendly receptionist came over about ten minutes later and said that she'd spoken to the rooms controller, and that he/she had released a One Bedroom Suite for us, which represents another category upgrade -the only snag being that this was a courtyard room, hence no view to speak of. I asked if I could take a look, so the two of us went up to the 8th floor and perused the room. Whilst lovely, for infrequent visitors to London we were really after a view, so I started to decline the upgrade offer but then reconsidered after she said we would be free to move to a Studio Suite with a view for our second night. As we had to get changed and go out pretty soon, mrs nickbot and I decided to stick to the upgraded room.

Reception/sitting room (try not to get too excited by the T... P... taipeiflyer )

Same room, looking back towards main door (visitor bathroom behind terracotta wall to LHS)

Visitor bathroom

Genuine Ming Dynasty vase on display -all stops pulled out for the arrival of the nickbots

Tea and coffee making facilities below B&O TV in sitting room

Gosh,...what could be behind this seemingly innocent wood panelling?...

...FREEEE minibar of course!

Bedroom (not massive, hence difficult to get a decent shot)

BOSE bedside audio (in addition to 2 x B&O televisions in the suite)

View from the bed, door to bathroom to RHS and door through to sitting room at 1 o'clock

Comment

Bathroom

Bath/shower

Shower close-up (our shower room at home is still under refurbishment, so a nice shower is a Godsend!)

Large sized Elemes toiletries

...more Elemis...

...even more Elemis!

Comprehensive amenity kits

Meanwhile,...Lester helps himself to the minibar

Last edited by nickbot; 22 November 2008, 04:57 PM.

Comment

We had to dash out, but due to the slight delay in getting our room it was now after 18:00 so we thought it rude to our hosts to miss the evening champagne/canape reception in the Club lounge, so we popped in for a quick 15 minute visit.

Selection of champagne, wines, beers, spirits

Canape selection

...continued...

Trademark overfull plate by nickbot!

Coffee machine and biscuit selection

Impressive selection of teas

On return to the room later in the evening, turndown service had been completed...

Fruit selection, water and Duchy Originals biscuits (classed as the RA gift)

Bedside water and weather forecast

Slippers laaid out (only for one guest though)

And, last but not least, a photograph of our wonderful view...

...we're going to have a look at a Studio Suite room today to see if it's worth downgrading our room for the sake of a view. Will post more photos as appropriate!
                                Last edited by nickbot; 22 November 2008, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X