• Business Class: 11ACHK, 12ACHK, 14ACHK, 15ACHK
    • Economy Class: 31ACHK

B777-300
    • First Class: 1A
    • Business Class: 12ACHK, 14ACHK, 15ACHK
    • Economy Class: 31ACHK

Comment

JFK-SIN

I am considering flying JFK-SIN instead of EWR-SIN in the near future because of the price difference. Does anybody know where the entertainment box is located on the B747... boy they are annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
        I am considering flying JFK-SIN instead of EWR-SIN in the near future because of the price difference. Does anybody know where the entertainment box is located on the B747... boy they are annoying.
        Welcome to SQTalk EWR

Assuming you mean Y class since F & C don't take up space, they're normally at C, D & H seats. Not a 747 fan so others may know better

Comment

Welcome to SQT EWR.

May I ask what the fare difference (please don't post the actual price...just the difference) is? Because if you're flying in Y, then I think the added comfort of the A345 may be worth the price.

Comment

I am taking SQ 333 and 334 next month. So, to those of you who have travelled on the new 77W, what are the best J seats in your opinon? 11A and K or 14A and K? I am particularly interested what SQflyergirl and CGK (sorry for the downgrade, CGK) think as the best J seats

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
              I am taking SQ 333 and 334 next month. So, to those of you who have travelled on the new 77W, what are the best J seats in your opinon? 11A and K or 14A and K? I am particularly interested what SQflyergirl and CGK (sorry for the downgrade, CGK) think as the best J seats

Well, frankly, they're all much of a much really. Those rows are good, but the new product, is good enough it doesn't really matter which seat you choose. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks, SQfg. Did you find row 14 too bright and too noisy due to its proximity to the galley?

Comment

It can be noisy and bright - but not overly so. Having said that, I really think you cant go wrong with ANY seat in this cabin.

Comment

9V JKL,

Thanks for the tip and the welcome!

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Welcome to SQTalk EWR

Assuming you mean Y class since F & C don't take up space, they're normally at C, D & H seats. Not a 747 fan so others may know better

Comment

On mile earning flights, the difference is about $400! (I know my responses are a little late! I am so terrible with technology I couldn't find my original post for a while! ROFL)

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                      Welcome to SQT EWR.

May I ask what the fare difference (please don't post the actual price...just the difference) is? Because if you're flying in Y, then I think the added comfort of the A345 may be worth the price.

Comment

My personal recommendations:

B777-200 (regional 2-class)
                        • Business Class: 12ACHK, 14ACHK, 15ACHK
                        • Economy Class: none
                        I fly B777-200 (2 class regional) late Dec (ADL-SIN) on seat 60K (after looking at seatguru). Agree with seatguru and highly recommend this seat due to extra legroom. Another friend of mine then took 60A, saying that the seat was quite nice. But as mentioned in seatguru, the aisle seat on row 60 is more cramp. My personal observation was that even seat 60J or B they were quite cramp as well, not only 60C or H. Try preventing seat 60BCHJ and if you are flying alone, 60A or K makes the best choice!
                        Last edited by Airlineslover; 8 February 2007, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I thought there were 4 different configurations for the Boeing 747-400? Has the airline retired some older aircraft? I tried looking at the fleet information on the airline's website but wasn't able to locate it.
                          My Cafe Adventures
                          Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                          http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...tory/fleet.jsp

They only have 2 different configs left. With only minor differences

Comment

Seems that the SIA page now shows 3 cabin layouts. And the picture headings now refer to:

SPE Onwards
                              SMM
                              SMI, SMJ, SML

Not sure what's going on. The OP might want to update the first post?
                              My Cafe Adventures
                              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Number in Fleet: 0
                                On Firm Order: 0 (Pending Order)
                                Options: 0
                                This order has been firmed. There are 19 A330-300s now on firm order for delivery between 2009 and 2011 on leases of 5 and 6 years duration. They will get the new (not yet announced) regional seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X