X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    A mere 12cm wider.
    5.84m vs 5.96m.
    Yes; that means it will be the aircraft 'designed' for 3-4-3 with the narrowest cabin width; for comparison the B747 series has a width of 6.12m and the A380 6.54m. The A380 of course sets the standard for comfort in a 3-4-3 Y config, though my past experience in 747s shows it is not too shabby either.

Expect a fairly tight squeeze at the back; 12cm overall doesn't make too much of a difference. Maybe a fraction better than a 9-abreast 787, which i can just about tahan (i'm big sized).

Comment

Does anyone know the destination(s) that will be served by B777-9 ?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
        Does anyone know the destination(s) that will be served by B777-9 ?
        Some of where the 77Ws & A380s are flying today.
        I’m pretty sure LHR/SYD would be on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Some of where the 77Ws & A380s are flying today.
          I’m pretty sure LHR/SYD would be on the list.
          Probably also US routes, like SFO, LAX, maybe IAH, JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Probably also US routes, like SFO, LAX, maybe IAH, JFK.
            It should be able to handle a nonstop SIN-SFO pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
              It should be able to handle a nonstop SIN-SFO pretty well.
              That's the question I kept asking a few times on the forum. I think the answer did come when looking through Wikipedia at the 777X range and it should work. If it does fly nonstop SFO, I would be more than happy to fly it.

Comment

Some photos of the 777X cabin have been released showing new overhead bin architecture and so on:

https://www.thenational.ae/business/...nce-1.816376#1

Comment

Thanks for the link, Stratoliner777!

I can't help but notice two things...

1) The pull down blind shutters (what happened to the dimming windows?)

2) The engines not having the sawtooth shape of the new 747 & 787

Would love your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post

1) The pull down blind shutters (what happened to the dimming windows?)

The dimmable windows are optional: https://www.aero-mag.com/boeing-777x...mable-windows/
                    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

The GE9X no longer have them as they changed the nozzle design.
                      You can see them on the 1st test aircraft

Comment

You're welcome! There's a lovely video here:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/first-...abin-interior/

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
                        Indeed, question is whether SQ will spring for them. I hope they do -- would be consistent with their 787-10s.

Comment

Thanks for sharing pics of the 777X, Stratoliner777. They look amazing. The window shapes are almost identical to the 787, as opposed to the current 777's. I wonder if SQ will go for the dimmable window shades or just the regular window shades (in this case, pull down blind shutters).

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            Thanks for sharing pics of the 777X, Stratoliner777. They look amazing. The window shapes are almost identical to the 787, as opposed to the current 777's. I wonder if SQ will go for the dimmable window shades or just the regular window shades (in this case, pull down blind shutters).
                            You’re welcome! I really hope SQ goes for the dimmable shades. Apparently there are quite a few combinations available for the overhead bin and ceiling architecture, it will be interesting to see what they choose for that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
                              You’re welcome! I really hope SQ goes for the dimmable shades. Apparently there are quite a few combinations available for the overhead bin and ceiling architecture, it will be interesting to see what they choose for that as well.
                              I believe windows are a Supplier Furnished Equipment (SFE), meaning Boeing decides on the supplier. It depends if Boeing makes it a selectable item but that is unlikely. I do love the dimmable ones on the B787 and going back to pull down shades seems going a step backwards.

Comment

Agreed that it would be a step backwards to have mechanical shades — supposedly the new dimmable windows may even respond more quickly! The interior video also shows ceiling art, I wonder if any airline will really have that.

Comment

Working...
                                X