Hotel(s) in Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    That was me - I've had a Jaguar 3 out of he 6 times I've gone between the airport and the IC. I'm biased as a IC RA, but I would stay in a club room at the IC anyday.

Some pics here:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2115425140
    Thank you for the nice pictures. What car did you have the other 3 times?
    Did you find the close proximity of the airport to be a problem - noise?

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
      Thank you for the nice pictures. What car did you have the other 3 times?
      Did you find the close proximity of the airport to be a problem - noise?
      Twice a Merc and once a Volvo. All transfers were complimentary due to Club bookings. Always gotten a 6pm checkout offered, without having to request it, when I mentioned during checkin that we were on the 8pm SQ flight out.

I have never heard any noise from the airport at the IC - and given that the FS is further away, I can't imagine why anyone would complain about proximity to the airport

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Twice a Merc and once a Volvo. All transfers were complimentary due to Club bookings. Always gotten a 6pm checkout offered, without having to request it, when I mentioned during checkin that we were on the 8pm SQ flight out.

I have never heard any noise from the airport at the IC - and given that the FS is further away, I can't imagine why anyone would complain about proximity to the airport
        A PITA I know complained that they could see the aircraft day and night from their villa at the FS...........and considering the price for the room(FS) it ruined their holiday! I was never bothered by the aircraft at Jimbaran (but then I am an airplane freak).....

BTW, nice pics Savage.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          I heard from someone that LeMeridien doesn't have good internet connection. So, if internet is essential for you, I guess not a good choice.

Last week I stayed at Conrad Tanjung Benoa. I know everyone says it's not Balinese style, but I was looking for something peace and quiet yet has good internet service.

Alila Manggis is a good place to get away as well.

Again, the question is how much do you anticipate to spend.

CGK, as u know, Conrad was a great experience for me. It's not balinese style but it's wonderful!
          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I am currently at Ramada Resort at Tanjong Benoa, abt 10 mins ride from Conrad. Its a nice hotel, located at the tip of the Tanjong Benoa. We had a 2 bedrooms villa which is spacious. Its so quiet and peaceful, very nice for a romantic holiday

One drawback is just its so off the main attractions at Kuta or Ubud.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
              One drawback is just its so off the main attractions at Kuta ...
              Kuta has main attractions?
              Well, I guess everyone has different places to go to!

Comment

Kuta has main attractions?
                Isn't that where everything happens?
                Never been to Bali before but friends rave about the nightlife on Kuta.
                I guess to me drinking holes = main attraction.

I'm looking at a trip to Bali - very tentative at this stage, but it seems that all the SPG properties aren't near Kuta...
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I guess I am old. I want to have peace and quiet.
                  I know many Australians like to be in Kuta.
                  Anyway, for you, KeithMEL, you are better off hanging out at Seminyak or nearby there.

Comment

I guess I am old. I want to have peace and quiet.
                    I know many Australians like to be in Kuta.
                    Anyway, for you, KeithMEL, you are better off hanging out at Seminyak or nearby there.
                    Thanks for the tip.
                    No SPGs near that area either...
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Well, I don't like SPG properties in Bali. The Westin and Sheraton seems too old. Since you don't like Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, I bet you don't like those two properties in Bali,

BTW, if you are a surfer guy, there are beautiful places to go. I went to one of them, called Blue Point. Let me post the pictures.

Comment

Well, I don't like SPG properties in Bali. The Westin and Sheraton seems too old. Since you don't like Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, I bet you don't like those two properties in Bali,
                        In the absence of alternatives I guess beggars cannot be choosers.

I read on TOF that they've refreshed the Sheraton though (now called Laguna Nusa Dua). They've brought it into the 21st century essentially - although the people on TOF were complaining bitterly about it (loss of 'charm' blah blah blah), it's actually a good thing to me.

Comment

Blue Point (Uluwatu)

I went there for enjoying the sunset. But it was too cloudy. The best place to be was at the Istana, but was closed for a wedding preparation. Then, my driver took me to the Blue Point Hotel. Yeah few sitting at the bar/restaurant. But I was more interested in down below. It's a village. Very simple. And everywhere was young gus and gals with tan. And faraway I can see so many surfers. I could not capture them properly with my camera. Just tiny dot dot dots.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                              A PITA I know complained that they could see the aircraft day and night from their villa at the FS...........and considering the price for the room(FS) it ruined their holiday! I was never bothered by the aircraft at Jimbaran (but then I am an airplane freak).....

BTW, nice pics Savage.
                              I hope i'm not a PITA , but I've stayed at the FS Jimbaran and do find the aircraft noise level a little inappropriate for a luxury resort.

Althought the FS and IC are closeby, the FS is on the hillside facing the final approach. You get the noise of the a/c on finals, initial take-off, and echoes of the reverse thrusters once they land.

The IC is on the bay below. Although physically closer to the airport, its facing is parallel to the runway. So take-off and reverse thrust noise may well be less.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                                I hope i'm not a PITA , but I've stayed at the FS Jimbaran and do find the aircraft noise level a little inappropriate for a luxury resort.
                                No, it's my sister..... a truly delight less PITA !

Comment

Working...
                                X