Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Help on Multi- Leg Bookings

Dear all,

I have been travelling for work alot over the last 5 years but I am presented with a problem here.

In the past I am always travelling to simply 1 or 2 places. For example:
    SIN-MIA then in between MIA-PTY. So I will book CX doing SIN-HKG-LAX-MIA-PTY-MIA-SFO-HKG-SIN with PTY done separately via AA.

Need advice here on what's the best way to book Multi-Legs travel. In 5 weeks time I am needed to do the following-;
    SIN-NBO-MRU-NYC-MIA-SIN

I can't seem to find a cheaper way to do it. If I were to book via my company travel agent, I was quoted almost 20K and I don't think I can send a 20K bill to the boss.

I tried SIN-NBO-SIN via BKK so its SIN - BKK in SQ J @$1.1K then BKK-NBO-BKK with Kenya air at around $4K.

Need your advices and tips on how do you normally book such legs. I reckon its Multiple airlines in separate bookings? If done so, I reckon I can't check my bags through.. Meaning I need to collect my check in at Bkk and re-check in to NBO?

Many thanks!

I would propose a RTW with either OW or *A depending on your FF program.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      I would propose a RTW with either OW or *A depending on your FF program.
      Am a OW Emerald as well as a PPS. Don't quite understand what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Lennyberg View Post
        Am a OW Emerald as well as a PPS. Don't quite understand what you mean.
        I believe 9V-JKL is suggesting rather than making a booking with an individual airline and be limited to their route network, that you make your booking as a round the world ticket with an alliance instead, which should allow you to get all airlines within the alliance into a single booking.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          I believe 9V-JKL is suggesting rather than making a booking with an individual airline and be limited to their route network, that you make your booking as a round the world ticket with an alliance instead, which should allow you to get all airlines within the alliance into a single booking.
          Exactly!
          A RTW tix would likely end-up cheaper. OW and *A both have them and you can choose basis whichever alliance you prefer to accrue to.

Comment

Thank you all!

I think I found the best and probably cheapest.

Maybe because I am lessing the MRU leg also.

SQ J to BKK the Kenya Air J to NBO

then NBO - LHR - JFK - MIA - SIN via BA

All in less than 9k.

Comment

Working...
            X