More Flights Moving to T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Flights Moving to T3

Effective 17 May, SQ flights to India and South Africa will depart from T3. This leaves only CMB, MLE, DAC and DXB as non Southeast Asian destinations departing from T2.

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    Effective 17 May, SQ flights to India and South Africa will depart from T3. This leaves only CMB, MLE, DAC and DXB as non Southeast Asian destinations departing from T2.
    With this and the impending T4 completion, hopefully T2 becomes an SQ SEA + *A hub

Comment

How about SilkAir flights like TRV, COK, MAA (The morning one for example), BLR, CCU? Will they also depart T3? Terminal 3 is my favorite place to hang out whether I'm heading back home to SFO or to India on a SQ vacation. It would also save some SkyTrain/walking time personally for me and my parents.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        How about SilkAir flights like TRV, COK, MAA (The morning one for example), BLR, CCU? Will they also depart T3? Terminal 3 is my favorite place to hang out whether I'm heading back home to SFO or to India on a SQ vacation. It would also save some SkyTrain/walking time personally for me and my parents.
        Silkair staying put in T2.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
          Silkair staying put in T2.
          Dang that sucks, but I still love Changi either way. That explains a little bit if why the JNB flight is going 77WR (Temporarily), so they can take the frame off SQ15 at T3 itself just like they did with DME/IAH and MXP (When the old longhaul cabin 77Ws used to do SQ16/15) instead of possibly having it remain idle the whole night til possibly afternoon.

Comment

A little off topic, but does anyone know if T2 is due for renovations anytime soon? It's the only terminal in Changi that looks old and in need of a refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
              A little off topic, but does anyone know if T2 is due for renovations anytime soon? It's the only terminal in Changi that looks old and in need of a refresh.
              When your home base is Manchester, T2 is a luxury!

Comment

My most recent gate change was arriving into A18 and departing out of B10 with a 65 minute transfer time. Honestly I think T2 would have been easier as the gap between the A-gates/T2 skytrain station and the B-gates/T1 skytrain station is pretty substantial and essentially involves navigating through a shopping centre full of vague window shoppers and electric vehicles.

As others have observed too, the first couple of C-gates were in use by SQ planes, so this is possibly how they are squishing into T3 at peak times.

Comment

what I know for sure is that D gate is also for use by T2. As for me, I always walk from T3-T2 and vice versa. Almost never use skytrain, but with the closure of B to E skytrain, I also love to use that bus replacement. Sightseeing, or more like plane registration-seeing.

I somewhat still feel at home at T2, and IMO still the best terminal of them all, despite it being old, while T1 looks new (and was my preferred place to book transit hotel until the takeover/price increase last year - Changi was pretty much my second home until that time).

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                    what I know for sure is that D gate is also for use by T2. As for me, I always walk from T3-T2 and vice versa. Almost never use skytrain, but with the closure of B to E skytrain, I also love to use that bus replacement. Sightseeing, or more like plane registration-seeing.

I somewhat still feel at home at T2, and IMO still the best terminal of them all, despite it being old, while T1 looks new (and was my preferred place to book transit hotel until the takeover/price increase last year - Changi was pretty much my second home until that time).
                    Me too, my mom loves T2 the best as well. I grew up using T2 for everything when I was a child before T3 opened. T3 has a lot more things like watching a movie, better lounge spaces, etc. Plus it's a lot more modern generally.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      When your home base is Manchester, T2 is a luxury!
                      You can hope that that will change for the better over the next few years!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                        You can hope that that will change for the better over the next few years!!
                        I hope so. I went through MAN T1 recently. The place was littered with buckets catching water leaking through the ceiling. They where not temporary either, each bucket and its own label attached with a description of it's locations.

The layout is also a joke, but thatch another story!

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          I hope so. I went through MAN T1 recently. The place was littered with buckets catching water leaking through the ceiling. They where not temporary either, each bucket and its own label attached with a description of it's locations.

The layout is also a joke, but thatch another story!
                          Yeah - its incredible how quickly T2 (the one SQ use) has become dated and T1 has been subject to a series of ad hoc extensions over the years. As a result of this ad hoc expansion (including the sub-optimal location of runway 2) the airfield and taxiway is also not ideal.

It really is not fit for purpose as a major international gateway, and the political climate (some would say cynically) is to develop the parts of the UK away from London - part of which is to redevelop MAN (at long last!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hAhNSVzRZE

Comment

Originally posted by jaywell View Post
                            T2 was only just renovated a few years ago! Around 2009 if memory serves me right- before they did the T1 renovations

Comment

That would mean the SilverKris lounge in T3 will be even more crowded. Any idea if the lounge capacity will be increased with more SQ flights moving to T3?

Comment

Working...
                              X