Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN to LHR with stopover recommendations

Hi all
    After travelling back to the UK via Qatar with a stop over it makes sense to do so again but would like to fly on SQ. Can anyone recommend a good route to do so, I tried Dubai via the website but it does not allow that route with a stop over. Looking at a rough half way stop if possible, also I'll be looking to burn a load of miles to upgrade to J so if possible newer equipment would be ideal.

Thanks

All SIA LHR flights are non stop if that's what you're asking.

Comment

SilverChris thanks but I know they fly direct but I am looking for a break somewhere, even if it involves a 1 day layover. I guess as they fly direct there is little demand to do a brief stop via somewhere like Dubai.

Comment

stopover in MUC on way to MAN...
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Are you aware that if you fly SQ to an intermediate destination and then switch to a different carrier to take you onward to LHR, the cost of a paid ticket is likely to be exorbitant?

Comment

It looks like it will have to be a stop in Europe so Amsterdam, Munich or somewhere in which case we may as well go to LHR direct and SQ do not fly from certain destinations from Europe to LHR as you say milehighj so would mean a different carrier. Oh well worth a look.

Comment

Since you mentioned Amsterdam, you can fly SQ from SIN -AMS and then take a ferry over to London.

Comment

Must you fly SQ metal? SIN>>>CDG, SIN>>>AMS get you so close to LHR that makes it not worth the layover. Going via SIN>>>MUC>>>MAN is more absurd.

If you want a more meaningful layover, fly Emirates via DXB

Comment

VS and SQ still codeshare DXB-LHR so that perhaps is an option - used to see SQ/VS joint fares at www.airfares.com.sg, doesn't seem that they have them any more, though you can try to ask the local travel agents for SQ/VS joint fares to LHR via DXB. There's afterall still a codeshare flight with VS.

Comment

SQ fly to Egypt dont they? You could try there then get an onward flight to the UK. But due to the political situation it might not the best idea.

Comment

Last year, we were given the option of booking J-class travel between SIN and LHR through a combination of SQ and VS with DXB as the connecting point.
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Thanks all
                        The reason we want to go on SQ metal is the fact we can just use miles to go in J, if we go with Emirates, Qatar etc then I'll have to pay for the upgrade. I'll ring SQ and see if we can do the SQ and VS combo as B727 states as that might be an option. Its not the end of the world but it made travelling with little man easier.

Comment

Working...
                        X