Gotta love the logic of not wanting additional (cash upgrade) revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love the logic of not wanting additional (cash upgrade) revenue

Phoned SQ to see how much an upgrade to J would be and was told that if I paid to upgrade they would issue a new ticket and I would lose the upgrade on the return leg I used my points for. Fair enough I suppose if annoying as would have to rebook but they wanted to charge me for a cancellation fee for the points upgrade I had booked.
    I pointed out that I was possibly going to spend a lot more money in upgrading to J so surely they can wave the fee but obviously no deviation from the rules. So I did not pay for the upgrade on principle (more fool me as means sitting in Y now I know) but still, things like that really annoy me just sheer short sightedness and stupidity, what happened to a bit of common sense?

Originally posted by 225 View Post
    what happened to a bit of common sense?
    Went out of style along with MC hammer pants some time back.

Comment

Phoned SQ to see how much an upgrade to J would be and was told that if I paid to upgrade they would issue a new ticket and I would lose the upgrade on the return leg I used my points for. Fair enough I suppose if annoying as would have to rebook but they wanted to charge me for a cancellation fee for the points upgrade I had booked.
      I pointed out that I was possibly going to spend a lot more money in upgrading to J so surely they can wave the fee but obviously no deviation from the rules. So I did not pay for the upgrade on principle (more fool me as means sitting in Y now I know) but still, things like that really annoy me just sheer short sightedness and stupidity, what happened to a bit of common sense?
      As in you bought a return ticket in Y, upgraded the return leg with miles and wanted to pay for an upgrade on the initial leg with cash? Would be a lot easier to pay for Y, use miles for an upgrade on the initial leg, and AFTER you have flown the initial sector, call up SQ and pay for an upgrade on the return.

But like what SQfg stated, common sense went out the SQ door a looooooong time ago!
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

That is not surprising with the new SQ Management style...tight control to the point of silliness. Happened to me a few times even with J to F on paid upgrade basis. Common sense is becoming less common these days with the airline.

Comment

Calling the call center these days is a pretty touch and go affair. But I do realise that the Indian call center guys to tend to follow the rules to the dot quite a fair bit, this is pretty unlike the SG based call center guys who seems (in my personal experience) to have more leeway.

For example, I was trying to remove a redemption name. I called KF hotline, routed my calls to India, and it was a strict no despite much pleading. I called again, rerouted myself (via the Chinese menu), this time reaching a SG based lady, and it was done. The reason the indian lady said no was because the last time I made edit to the name (not addition) was 3 months ago despite the fact that the name was added close to 8 months ago..

Try that next time..
            Life's A Bitch,
            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
              Calling the call center these days is a pretty touch and go affair. But I do realise that the Indian call center guys to tend to follow the rules to the dot quite a fair bit, this is pretty unlike the SG based call center guys who seems (in my personal experience) to have more leeway.

For example, I was trying to remove a redemption name. I called KF hotline, routed my calls to India, and it was a strict no despite much pleading. I called again, rerouted myself (via the Chinese menu), this time reaching a SG based lady, and it was done. The reason the indian lady said no was because the last time I made edit to the name (not addition) was 3 months ago despite the fact that the name was added close to 8 months ago..

Try that next time..
              Unfortunately, that is a serious issue with outsourcing. The employees do not feel belonging to SQ and will not go that extra mile to get dispensation to help a genuine customer even at the expense of losing some $$$ earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                Unfortunately, that is a serious issue with outsourcing. The employees do not feel belonging to SQ and will not go that extra mile to get dispensation to help a genuine customer even at the expense of losing some $$$ earnings.
                That's absolutely right. But I don't blame the call center guys. They are just doing their job. Oh well, what can we say?
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

It was actually the Singapore office I got through to, I know its not their fault technically as they are just following a script and I really couldn't be bothered to ask for supervisors or managers etc as quite frankly if SQ do not want my cash that's fine by me.
                  Would have been on the old J as well so not the end of the world but annoying none the less.

Comment

Working...
                  X