BTC - Pictures collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    In F, just BTC. If you like something onboard they should bend over backwards to get you what you want. It's the one differentiator soft-ware wise between J and F with SQ that I would note...
    I'd be paiseh to reject it if I BTCed
    But I see your point.. I should just BTC if I see something I like on the BTC menu rather than hoping for them to create something really amazing on the F menu

Comment

• Just starve yourself in TPR...

Comment

• When in F, BTC those which are not available in J.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          When in F, BTC those which are not available in J.
          Thanks for the tip!

Just starve yourself in TPR...
          lol.. the last time I was there it was in the morning too. I wasn't hungry and TPR felt eerily quiet as no else was there. I ended up hanging out at the SKL F section and had a little snack there will chatting with the staff

Comment

• Ex-Taipei

Cod fillet with citrus saffron cream sauce
            Pan seared cod fillet with citrus saffron cream sauce, sundried tomato couscous and buttered vegetables.

Seared lamb loin with jus
            Seared lamb loin with jus, crushed pea with mint, leek and olive oil mashed potato. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale.

The cod fillet was decent though a tad dry, but the asparagus were still crunchy. The lamb loin was surprisingly tender and flavourful, but I am not a fan of the crushed pea. However, both mains were not bad overall.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• March SIN-SFO and SFO-SIN in J

Seoul to San Francisco

BTC Korean beef bulgogi with vegetables and steamed rice - give this a miss! the beef was terrible

San Francisco to Hong Kong

BTC Korean style braised beef rib with vegetables and steamed rice - you must order this! the beef was tasty and tender

Off the Menu French toast with maple syrup, chicken chipolata,
              mushrooms and roasted tomato - only ate the French toast which was pretty good

Hong Kong to Singapore

BTC Chicken and Scallop Congee - tasty and with lots of scallop and chicken!

Comment

• BTC J: Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef

BTC selection: Chargrilled Soya-Flavoured Beef, by Culinary Panel Chef Yoshihiro Murata, on SQ16 SIN-ICN earlier last week.

One of the best steaks I have ever had inflight.

Tender, flavourful and still moist inside (Almost medium rare, the way I like it).

Comment

• BTC J Selection: Grilled Beef Tenderloin Steak

Available from flights departing from ICN: Grilled Beef Tenderloin Steak.

Description from the SQ website: "Beef tenderloin with roasted mushroom, roasted tomato and Chimichurri sauce (coriander -basil - parsley paste sauce with extra virgin olive oil). Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Matthew Moran."

An attractively presented dish, with a mild chimichurri sauce.

Comment

• But how was it on the inside?

Comment

But how was it on the inside?
                      Interesting that you should ask, Kyo! This BTC choice didn't exactly go according to plan. In a rare service lapse (though admirably recovered later on...), I had gone to the restroom while starters were being served in J meal service, and when I returned to my seat, the cabin crew immediately served my main course, not realizing that I had not yet been served my starter.

Back to the galley my main course went, and my starter came with profuse apologies.

Later, when I was done with my starter, my main course came. And you can guess what happened next.

My guess is that the cabin crew dutifully popped my main course back into the oven to keep warm, until my starter was done. When it came to me, and I sliced it open, it was cooked dry on the inside, well done to a brown, cardboard-like consistency, which was a pity, since it looked perfect on the outside the first time it was brought round.

At that point, I was a little disappointed, and chewed through a few dry bites before leaving the rest untouched.

Later when they came to pick up my main, the stewardess saw my half-eaten main, and asked if there was something a matter with the dish. I mentioned that I found it overcooked (In a polite way, of course...I don't believe in rants...), and she immediately offered to give me another main.

"Yes please, any other main will do!"

They brought me the other steak selection on the regular J menu, which was a perfect, moist, pink and tender on the inside -- which I thoroughly enjoyed. I was happy again and gave them a thumbs up next time they came round to check on me. More on that in an upcoming TR (Yes, Mrs yflyer and I were back in Seoul again last week!).

As a preview of the next TR on Seoul, which can probably be considered a sequel to this one, Mrs yflyer's challenge, which she lamented to me was: "8 meal slots on this trip and 9 places I want to try..."

More on that here :-)

So, no opinion on how this BTC dish tasted this time round, although I would give it the benefit of the doubt and order it again, mainly on account of the chimmi-churri sauce, which was quite tasty.

But brilliant service recovery on SQ, as always.
                      Last edited by yflyer; 21 March 2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Interesting verdict, and always a pleasure to have your excerpts. We might have to organise a SIN tete-a-tete soon

Comment

• I am just off my second flight in four weeks where SQ forgot to cater my BTC... Hence no pictures for here... ;-p

Comment

Interesting verdict, and always a pleasure to have your excerpts.
                            Thanks, Kyo!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            We might have to organise a SIN tete-a-tete soon
                            Sounds like a plan!

Comment

• Swedish Wholegrain Crisp Bread

Swedish Wholegrain Crisp Bread
                              A healthy breakfast choice with crisp bread, cottage cheese, rosemary honey-roasted pear and a low fat yoghurt of fresh berries (inclusive of Breakfast service)

Did not turn out as expected - not filling and hard to stomach. Should have chosen warm/cooked breakfast options.

Comment

• Sliced Grouper Congee

Sliced Grouper Congee
                                Grouper cooked in rice porridge with spring onions and ginger (inclusive of Breakfast service)

Generous servings of fish! Comfort food for red eye sleeper service flights.

Comment

Working...
                                X