Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Definition of "night" flight (for F amenity kit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definition of "night" flight (for F amenity kit)

A question about how SQ categorises its flights...

HKG-SIN is 3h40m so obviously day flights are not eligible for the F amenity kit / PJs. However, what about the flights that depart later in the evening?

SQ website stipulates that amenity kits are given out on day flights of 7 hours and more, and night flights of 3h30m or more. Do they mean a flight that passes the midnight mark, or do they mean flights that depart after a certain time?

PS. Also, on SQ873 HKG-SIN (2015 -> 2315), what meal is served? Is it Dinner? How is the Shi Quan Shi Mei offering, or is it better to BTC?

Thanks guys!

I know for sure that none of the flights to or from HKG gets any amenity kits and PJs. When SQ had CMB-SIN departing at 1am, amenity kits and PJs were given.

Comment

3 mins for reply! Did you even have a chance to read the whole post?

Darn, I better get a spare on my SIN-ICN overnight flight then!

So what flights are actually between 3h30m and 7h, and count as "night flights"? There can't be that many that depart so late?

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        3 mins for reply! Did you even have a chance to read the whole post?

Darn, I better get a spare on my SIN-ICN overnight flight then!

So what flights are actually between 3h30m and 7h, and count as "night flights"? There can't be that many that depart so late?
        I agree with feedback below from SQ LPP. I recently flew SIN-HKG on SQ on a 744 as the config in F is similar to long haul SQ 744 aircraft flights. It's much better than the domestic or short haul 772 or 773's. Anyway, I was not given the amenity kit or PJ's on this sector.

There are a few flights between 3h30m and 7h that are considered night flights. Couple examples are:

1. SQ638 SIN-NRT. Dep 11:40pm, Arr 7:30am. Total 6hr 50min
        2. SQ423 BOM-SIN. Dep 12:25am, Arr 8:20am. Total 5hr 25min3
        3. SQ602 SIN-ICN. Dep 11:50pm, Arr 7:15am. Total 6hr 25min (your flight)

Cheers.

Comment

I've been told that the SIN-NRT-SIN flights get kits and PJs. One is 7h25 and the other 6h30.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
            I've been told that the SIN-NRT-SIN flights get kits and PJs. One is 7h25 and the other 6h30.
            Received kits on SQ 638 and SQ 637. Should also be available on SQ 11 NRT-SIN, but not on SQ 12 SIN-NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
              Received kits on SQ 638 and SQ 637. Should also be available on SQ 11 NRT-SIN, but not on SQ 12 SIN-NRT.
              I think you are right! SQ11 NRT-SIN offers PJs and kits, but not on SQ12 SIN-NRT as a day flight less than 7 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                I think you are right! SQ11 NRT-SIN offers PJs and kits, but not on SQ12 SIN-NRT as a day flight less than 7 hours...
                Actually IIRC SQ12 (SIN-NRT) is an exception to the rule - F passengers receive kits and PJs even though the flight time is slightly less than 7 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Actually IIRC SQ12 (SIN-NRT) is an exception to the rule - F passengers receive kits and PJs even though the flight time is slightly less than 7 hours.
                  I took SQ12 SIN-NRT in January and February, and no PJ and kits. But perhaps I had an anomaly in service. I should ask DeltaFlyingProf who just took SQ12 SIN-NRT-LAX two days ago. Hope he remembers whether he got one or two.

Come to think of the day flight rule, I recalled last year I got PJs and kits for FRA-JFK. But recently I took SQ26 FRA-JFK, and I did not get any.

Comment

Seems like your experience is more updated.
                    The last time I flew it was last year and I did receive an amenity kit and PJ. Perhaps something has changed this year.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      Seems like your experience is more updated.
                      The last time I flew it was last year and I did receive an amenity kit and PJ. Perhaps something has changed this year.
                      yea, more cutbacks!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                        yea, more cutbacks!
                        Actually, SQ doesn't love me. I just checked with DeltaFlyingProf who took SQ12 SIN-NRT-LAX two days ago. He said: "
                        I got PJs on both.
                        So 2 dark brown PJs."
                        There you go... I had the anomaly from the service between SIN-NRT.

Comment

I took SQ12 SIN-NRT in January and February, and no PJ and kits. But perhaps I had an anomaly in service. I should ask DeltaFlyingProf who just took SQ12 SIN-NRT-LAX two days ago. Hope he remembers whether he got one or two.

Come to think of the day flight rule, I recalled last year I got PJs and kits for FRA-JFK. But recently I took SQ26 FRA-JFK, and I did not get any.
                          Yup, I took SQ12 3 days ago. Got the Kit and PJs on both SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX. Both times the dark coloured version of the PJs.
                          LSS asked if she could trade one of my male kits for a female one because they were short of male for the return. I said sure but she never acted on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                            Yup, I took SQ12 3 days ago. Got the Kit and PJs on both SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX. Both times the dark coloured version of the PJs.
                            LSS asked if she could trade one of my male kits for a female one because they were short of male for the return. I said sure but she never acted on it.
                            I am crying now....
                            SQ doesn't love me...
                            Took the same flights as yours but did not get any PJs nor kits.

Comment

I am crying now....
                              SQ doesn't love me...
                              Took the same flights as yours but did not get any PJs nor kits.
                              I only used one of the PJs. I can give you the other one if that will console you!

Comment

Working...
                              X