Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citimiles to KF account

Hi,

My husband and i have been using the Citi Premiermiles card to accumulate KF miles. I will like to check if it is possible to transfer the miles accrued on my husband's card to MY KF account? I have called up Citibank and got 2 different answers, 1 agent answering yes it is possible to credit any KF account as long as it is a valid account, and the 2nd agent answered that the KF's member's name has to be the same as the cardholder's. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? If it is the latter situation, i will rather accumulate all spending under 1 card (main + supp card) to get the most mileage out of this.

FYI - when you call Citi for a transfer of miles, they only ask for your krisflyer number and no other details of your krisflyer account.

Thanks alot!

They won't ask for the KF account details other than the number, but if the names do not match, the transaction will be rejected. In other words, no transferring to a 3rd party.

In my experience, at least

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      They won't ask for the KF account details other than the number, but if the names do not match, the transaction will be rejected. In other words, no transferring to a 3rd party.

In my experience, at least
      oh no! if thats the case, i should consolidate all my transactions under 1 card. Was under the impression that they allow transferring of miles to a 3rd party account as it was not stated anywhere that it cannot be and agent has also confirmed that names of KF account does not need to match card holder

Comment

The official answer is that they MUST match. The unofficial answer is that they don't actually have to. Both parties don't really track and I've moved closed to 800K to other accounts previously.

It takes a little guts, and do know that what you're doing is technically "not allowed". But it normally goes through without any fuss, and once its there, my take it use it immediately. SQ will continue to honour the tickets once its utilised.
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
          The official answer is that they MUST match. The unofficial answer is that they don't actually have to. Both parties don't really track and I've moved closed to 800K to other accounts previously.

It takes a little guts, and do know that what you're doing is technically "not allowed". But it normally goes through without any fuss, and once its there, my take it use it immediately. SQ will continue to honour the tickets once its utilised.
          I was thinking that SQ will probably not have access to the bank's system to check on the names, hence it MIGHT be possible. Thanks alot! I will probably do the transfer and immediately issue tickets. Was saving for 2 JCL seats for my honeymoon!

Comment

Now, I must add that what you're doing is technically bending the rules. So if you are caught in the act, please don't blame anyone.
            Life's A Bitch,
            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
            X