Uncle Bob in Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Bob in Town

I was flying out Changi on Tuesday afternoon and caught a glimpse of a 767 with a colorful tail. And sure enough, according to FR24, Air Zimbabwe UM1 flew in from HRE on Monday. Uncle Bob must be on one of his medical checkup cum shopping trips.

Air Zim, my favourite airline. I remember having booked them about 6 or 7 times. Never actually flew them because erm... it always got cancelled. Most usually because of uncle Bob. Honestly, I wish he would go away. Permanently.

Comment

It baffles me how Uncle Bob has been in power for 36 years now. He turned one of Africa's most well-off countries into one that's on the edge of the economic abyss. Yet he continues splurging. Didn't UM consider buying some A380s one time?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Most usually because of uncle Bob. Honestly, I wish he would go away. Permanently.
        Maybe you should become a Flight Attendant on his flight and get the job done...

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
          It baffles me how Uncle Bob has been in power for 36 years now. He turned one of Africa's most well-off countries into one that's on the edge of the economic abyss. Yet he continues splurging. Didn't UM consider buying some A380s one time?
          He's stayed in power the same way most despots in basket case and/or corrupt countries do, by paying off the right people to keep him in power and locking up or murdering those who oppose him. It's a pretty simple tactic and used by people in countries outside Africa as well...

I was in the Sheraton in Saigon a few years when Mrs M was there and some of the tips she was handing out could have fed a family in Zimbabwe for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
            Maybe because Uncle Sam wants it that way.

Comment

What about Uncle Vlad, is he in town too ?
              This was taken yesterday in T2. What surprises me most is that it was taxiing to gate F58 or F60... while such government aircraft usually stay at large by the VIP pavilion...
              Any idea ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X...ew?usp=sharing

Sorry, can't post the image directly here, for some reason the Google drive does not work.
              Last edited by Durian; 14 March 2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X