No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone has any update on the status of SQK?

Comment

• I think it's safe to assume SVF has departed as the 777-200ER confirmed to be leaving the fleet before end of March.

SVL has just performed an air test earlier today. Hopefully a sign that it may have had an IFE/2006Y upgrade. All the rest of the SV series are busy at work.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I think it's safe to assume SVF has departed as the 777-200ER confirmed to be leaving the fleet before end of March.

SVL has just performed an air test earlier today. Hopefully a sign that it may have had an IFE/2006Y upgrade. All the rest of the SV series are busy at work.
        Spotted an all-white 772 parked at T2 beyond gate F60 this afternoon. Could that be SVF? I thought it isn’t due to leave until early next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
          Spotted an all-white 772 parked at T2 beyond gate F60 this afternoon. Could that be SVF? I thought it isn’t due to leave until early next year.
          I might not be an expert but maybe it is SVF, maybe they're prepping it before it really goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            I might not be an expert but maybe it is SVF, maybe they're prepping it before it really goes.
            can they really have stripped its interior and done the all-white paint job in just 17 days? SVF did its last flight on 1 Dec. but then again, can't think of any other of the retired 772s that are still around at changi.

Comment

The all white 772 is actually an 772LR and does’nt have a Singapore registration.
              It is parked at bay 201 and behind at bay 205 there is an All white A330-200. Look closely at the 772LR, and you can see the GE90 powerplants. Might be belong to a charter airline but definitely does not belong to SQ. As for SQK, all i know it is the hangar and there is no talk about withdrawing it from service. I’m not too sure about it as nobody from my department knows what is going to happen to that aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                The all white 772 is actually an 772LR and does’nt have a Singapore registration.
                It is parked at bay 201 and behind at bay 205 there is an All white A330-200. Look closely at the 772LR, and you can see the GE90 powerplants. Might be belong to a charter airline but definitely does not belong to SQ. As for SQK, all i know it is the hangar and there is no talk about withdrawing it from service. I’m not too sure about it as nobody from my department knows what is going to happen to that aircraft.
                Maybe they're still doing a similar investigation as they did with SWB and hopefully depending on how things go, maybe SQK won't be written off. Thanks and please keep posted if you get any more info in the coming weeks
                Last edited by SQfanatic; 21 December 2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• thanks for the info.
                  ok yeah i merely drove past and didn't take time to observe the details of the all white aircraft. interesting that there's a 772LR here, don't have that coming through often!

Comment

thanks for the info.
                    ok yeah i merely drove past and didn't take time to observe the details of the all white aircraft. interesting that there's a 772LR here, don't have that coming through often!
                    That B777-200LR is registered P4-SKN. Formerly 3C-MAB of CEIBA Intercontinental of Equatorial Guinea.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      That B777-200LR is registered P4-SKN. Formerly 3C-MAB of CEIBA Intercontinental of Equatorial Guinea.
                      Interesting history on that aircraft. It's only 3 years old and was fitted out somewhere near Basel-Mulhouse airport as a VIP jet, originally added to the fleet of CEIBA Intercontinental (not an airline you'd choose to fly with). It is now part of the official government fleet of Equatorial Guinea. Planespotters records it as having been delivered to the government 2 weeks ago, which is an event one would imagine happening within the country itself.

Perhaps this is its first international voyage as the official plane of the country's rather unpleasant and ruthless dictator? He seems to be mates with Mugabe, so it might be a medical visit. Interesting choice to have a white plane with no livery.

Comment

• Here is a not so clear picture of the B772LR parked at Changi. I took it while on board SQ977 yesterday evening when we were taxiing to the gate at T2.

Comment

Interesting history on that aircraft. It's only 3 years old and was fitted out somewhere near Basel-Mulhouse airport as a VIP jet, originally added to the fleet of CEIBA Intercontinental (not an airline you'd choose to fly with). It is now part of the official government fleet of Equatorial Guinea. Planespotters records it as having been delivered to the government 2 weeks ago, which is an event one would imagine happening within the country itself.

Perhaps this is its first international voyage as the official plane of the country's rather unpleasant and ruthless dictator? He seems to be mates with Mugabe, so it might be a medical visit. Interesting choice to have a white plane with no livery.
                          Mugabe was in Singapore a few days back for a medical visit. Now we know how he got here. When you no longer can usurp a Air Zim 767 at your whims, you ask for a little help from old friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                            Mugabe was in Singapore a few days back for a medical visit. Now we know how he got here. When you no longer can usurp a Air Zim 767 at your whims, you ask for a little help from old friends.
                            Case solved. Looks like this was a job for the SQTalk Team!

Comment

Case solved. Looks like this was a job for the SQTalk Team!
                              But wait, there's a twist!

If a few days back covers 12DEC17 to 14DEC17, Air Zimbabwe B767-200ER (Z-WPE) was in SIN during that period.

Arrived at 1507 LT on 12DEC17 (docked F60) and departed back to Harare at 0234 LT on 14DEC17. (STD of 0200 like a number of instances before)
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                But wait, there's a twist!

If a few days back covers 12DEC17 to 14DEC17, Air Zimbabwe B767-200ER (Z-WPE) was in SIN during that period.

Arrived at 1507 LT on 12DEC17 (docked F60) and departed back to Harare at 0234 LT on 14DEC17. (STD of 0200 like a number of instances before)
                                So there's chance then that SIN is hosting a convention of African (cough) dictators?

I think SQ should try convincing them that an old 772ER would make a wonderful addition to their personal inventories. They might even be able to throw in an old Space Bed or two to seal the deal. (No wifi humps unfortunately, we need those!)

Comment

Working...
                                X