• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines plans 'dine on demand' meals in J

From Executive Traveller:

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...dine-on-demand
    an infrastructure geek

Actually I have on 3 or 4 occassions informed the crew to have my breakfast/brunch taken later than their standard meal servie and the crew obliged. This is especially for morning 730am-9am flights when I already had something before boarding and will be still full during their meal srvice about 35-40 mins after take-off.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Actually I have on 3 or 4 occassions informed the crew to have my breakfast/brunch taken later than their standard meal servie and the crew obliged. This is especially for morning 730am-9am flights when I already had something before boarding and will be still full during their meal srvice about 35-40 mins after take-off.
      Were those flights full in J?

Comment

Remembered the J cabin was quite full like 80% on my way to CAN and the other time was simiiarly about the same on my way to HKG, with just a few empty seats scattered around.

Comment

Qatar has a very elaborate Dine-on-demand service, but in order to achieve it, QR also has a higher crew-pax ratio in Business Class. Not sure if SQ is willing to compromise by increasing the crew complement on the dine-on-demand flights.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

QR's version doesn't always work quite as well as advertised if you get the timing wrong. Most of the time it's fine, but not always.

Comment

They more or less have this on the ULR flights at the +8hr mark into the flight. You can order your 2nd meal from 8hr up until 2hrs before landing... so this can be a 6-8hr window.

Comment

I think this would be fine on a day time flight but overnight flights I can see it will be impossible to sleep with people clattering around eating and drinking at all times throughout the flight

Comment

Just leveraging this thread, SQ seems to be procuring sleeper suits for Business Class! They are now seeking quotations for the sleeper suits and is reflected in their tender page.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...d-procurement/
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                    Just leveraging this thread, SQ seems to be procuring sleeper suits for Business Class! They are now seeking quotations for the sleeper suits and is reflected in their tender page.
                    That’s great!

Comment

its about time anyway as most airlines do have pajamas for J class and SQ dont even offer it for its longest flight. Should have even better amenity bags too.

Comment

I’ve always had success in J asking the crew to delay my meal to the time of my choosing, definitely on long flights, but even on shorter flights. I guess they are just finally formalizing and marketing this as an official perk.

Comment

PJs in J

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...d-procurement/
                            The document is gone now

Do you have a copy saved?

Comment

In one regional long flight recently, I requested for meal services near the end of the flight rather than at the beginning, the stewardess wasn’t too happy it, the body language showed.

Comment

Working...
                              X