777-9 will see new F and J products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 777-9 will see new F and J products

In the last few days, various bloggers have posted about what SQ's CEO Goh Choon Phong had said about two years ago: the new 777-9 will be seeing a new generation of F and J products.

Singapore Airlines just completed the first round of passenger feedback and select passengers were invited to have a look at the mock-ups.

While they obviously don't allow anyone to talk about the details, my one word summary would be 'uncompromising'.

What the development team has done is really impressive and First Class will get a complete makeover and Business Class will see some really nice modifications embracing passenger feedback.

Only downside is that we will have to wait for the 777-9 to arrive and that's now at least one year behind schedule...

Any hints whether business class gets a privacy door?

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
      What the development team has done is really impressive and First Class will get a complete makeover and Business Class will see some really nice modifications embracing passenger feedback.

Only downside is that we will have to wait for the 777-9 to arrive and that's now at least one year behind schedule...
      Great that SQ is continuing to invest in First Class and revamping the product. Pity about the wait though.

Comment

Any information about economy class?
        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

A number of SQTalkers were amongst those invited and all signed a NDA.

Those lips are sealed....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            A number of SQTalkers were amongst those invited and all signed a NDA.

Those lips are sealed....
            An NDA?! Oh yeah, none of them are going to be talking anytime soon.

Comment

Just for the slow folks like myself, when we are talking about First here we are saying rework of current 77W 4 F cabin right? Suites is going to remain as per it's latest incarnation? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                Just for the slow folks like myself, when we are talking about First here we are saying rework of current 77W 4 F cabin right? Suites is going to remain as per it's latest incarnation? Thanks.
                Nope. Completely new design for the 777-9

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                  Nope. Completely new design for the 777-9
                  I understand that it is a new First cabin design for the 777-9. However, they will not use it to rip out Suites from A380 and install this product I would assume. That was the intend of my query, so new F and Suites to exist if and when 777-9 eventually come.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                    I understand that it is a new First cabin design for the 777-9. However, they will not use it to rip out Suites from A380 and install this product I would assume. That was the intend of my query, so new F and Suites to exist if and when 777-9 eventually come.
                    Probably not. This new suite will probably be exclusive to the 777-9. Just like how EK's new 777 Suites are different than the old A380 suites.

Comment

Working...
                    X