My Tumi Check-In Bag Went Astray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tumi Check-In Bag Went Astray

I have no idea what had happened. It's definitely not TSA at LAX, because I had my TSA approved-lock. When I arrived at YVR, my Tumi check-in bag was opened. Literally opened. The zipper went away. So, the zipper heads were gone. So far I did not see anything missing. I have not unpacked yet.
    Air Canada had issued me the damaged claim report. And I need to take the luggage to the AC-approved bag repairshop. But again, I thought Tumi has a guarantee for their products.
    What do you think guys?

Tumi warranty does not cover damages done by airline mishandling.
    You know TSA do cut off TSA approved locks sometimes, don't you?

Comment

The head piece that moving along the zipper to zip, had gone... so if TSA cut the lock, that head pieces would still be there.

Comment

The zip on my Tumi bag broke as well. Ended up have an arguement between the airline (said it was bad manufacture) and Tumi (said it was bad bag handling) in the end Tumi came through and replaced the bag.

Comment

Warranty even against rough treatment by the airline is why my checked luggage tend now to be Briggs & Riley bags.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

You mean, I should expect for the worse? Meaning my bag will not be functioning again?

Comment

I am sure your luggage is still reparable. It's just a matter of whether you want to bring it to the AC repairshop, or Tumi recommended repair shop, or send it back to Tumi.

I have heard that in many occassions, Tumi repairs damaged bags for free if it was not purchased too long ago (5 years+) but you have to pay for the shipping to and from the repair center.

In my past experience, I just asked the local Tumi boutique to recommend a local repair shop. I know one near Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills that does a very good job. In San Francisco, the recommended repair shop is located not too far from Union Square (by car).

The zippers on balistic Tumi models before G4 are quite fragile IMO. The whole thing sometimes break away if they are cut by the TSA. I don't know which generation yours is.

Comment

Working...
              X