business saver redemption on a380/777

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business saver redemption on a380/777

Notice I can't book a business saver redemption to london/paris, only economy saver or business full. I can only book business saver for the 747 to FRA.

has this always been the case?

Originally posted by isaac View Post
    Notice I can't book a business saver redemption to london/paris, only economy saver or business full. I can only book business saver for the 747 to FRA.

No business savers are offered on A380 and 77W. Has always been the case.

Comment

Yes...

Comment

ah that's really sad. No choice but to book economy saver then. not worth redeeming 120,000 for a one way

Comment

All is not lost...you could redeem roundtrip in Biz on Star Alliance carriers for the 120K albeit no 15% discount

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            All is not lost...you could redeem roundtrip in Biz on Star Alliance carriers for the 120K albeit no 15% discount

Sorry for another newbie question. Can I redeem one way (i dont require a return) business saver on star alliance carriers for 60,000 Kris flyer miles?
            If so, I should go to the SQ office to redeem right? Thanks!

Comment

Yes, you can book 1-way. You can call Krisflyer, no need to go to SQ office.

Comment

ah that's really sad. No choice but to book economy saver then. not worth redeeming 120,000 for a one way
                IMO, Not worth it to redeem economy savers if you can afford biz savers. Consider the price difference in Y and J classes between commercial paid tickets and redemption point requirements.

There is also nothing wrong with biz savers to AMS or FRA on SQ. It is still a decent product. It is also cheaper with 15% discount. And for FRA, they may change the plane in the near future. You can then get cheap flights to your final destination.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                  IMO, Not worth it to redeem economy savers if you can afford biz savers. Consider the price difference in Y and J classes between commercial paid tickets and redemption point requirements.

There is also nothing wrong with biz savers to AMS or FRA on SQ. It is still a decent product. It is also cheaper with 15% discount. And for FRA, they may change the plane in the near future. You can then get cheap flights to your final destination.
                  Thanks for the suggestion, really appreciate it! I do have enough milea for business saver, however, my final destination is Leeds, England. I did consider booking SIN-CPH, SIN-FRA or SIN-AMS on sq business saver but the plane/eurail tickets are in excess of €300 to Leeds/Manchester/London :X

Comment

Star redemption costs more than SQ's and it allows 2 transit stops so route so you should maximize by routing it to end as near as possible to your final destination.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                      Star redemption costs more than SQ's and it allows 2 transit stops so route so you should maximize by routing it to end as near as possible to your final destination.
                      Thanks! I was thinking SIN-ICN-LHR on asiana. Oh well, next time!

Comment

I have been wondering if a SIN-Europe routing via North Asia will be allowed.
                        Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          Curious... which Star Alliance partner airlines are good choices for SIN-LHR for J redemption?

Comment

Thai are descent...

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                              Curious... which Star Alliance partner airlines are good choices for SIN-LHR for J redemption?
                              curious to know this too! I was thinking LH, LX, OZ and TG? With OZ being advantageous should a free stopover be allowed?

Comment

Working...
                              X