Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any "foreign" lounge out there better than the resident flagship lounge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any "foreign" lounge out there better than the resident flagship lounge?

It would be unthinkable that say TG would have a better lounge than MH in KUL, or if BA had a better lounge than the LH FCT in FRA - but are there any exceptions to this rule that you know of?

Probably in US this is possible...
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
      Probably in US this is possible...
      Doubt any US-based airline lounges can top VS's Clubhouse or BA's Concorde Room @ JFK

Comment

Indeed... when I wrote my previous post, I was thinking of VS in JFK.

Comment

The NZ lounges in both MEL and SYD are nicer than the Qantas Clubs.
          But that might soon change. I hear the new QC F lounges are going to rival the FCLs.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

UA lounge at HKG is better than anyone else...!

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
              UA lounge at HKG is better than anyone else...!
              You are kidding, right?
              UA lounge at HKG is nothing compare to the Wings and the Pier of CX ... (Hmm now I remember that DFP has my invitation card to use CX Lounge in HKG)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                It would be unthinkable that say TG would have a better lounge than MH in KUL, or if BA had a better lounge than the LH FCT in FRA - but are there any exceptions to this rule that you know of?
                I will get flamed for this. But I will say it anyway. I do recall some of us were saying that the BA/QF First Class Lounge in Terminal 1 is much better than SKL F at the home base of SQ.

Comment

I'd imagine this might apply in China, e.g. I haven't been in the MU lounge at PVG but going by lounges for other Chinese airlines (e.g. CA at PEK), I'd imagine that the KA lounge at PVG (which I have been in) is better.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    I will get flamed for this. But I will say it anyway. I do recall some of us were saying that the BA/QF First Class Lounge in Terminal 1 is much better than SKL F at the home base of SQ.
                    No you won't. I think the BA/QF looks/feels better than SKL F but SKL F food/drinks is probably better.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      No you won't. I think the BA/QF looks/feels better than SKL F but SKL F food/drinks is probably better.
                      I guess you are right. Design wise, BA/QF looks great. Remember the shower area? But, food/drinks, I was there one time, and it seems a mini style buffet is the trend. Thus, a full big meal at SKL F is more appealing. And not to forget SKL F has Dom.

Comment

Talking about SIN, has anyone been to the Jetquay CIP lounge and taken photos? Care to share?

Comment

in MXP, BA lounge is definitely better than AZ.
                          Same in FCO.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            I guess you are right. Design wise, BA/QF looks great. Remember the shower area? But, food/drinks, I was there one time, and it seems a mini style buffet is the trend. Thus, a full big meal at SKL F is more appealing. And not to forget SKL F has Dom.
                            Very true. Many people bag out the SKL as it doesn't look as trendy as the newer lounges, ignoring the fact that it's got an excellent food and booze selection.

The BA/QF lounge may be aesthetically awesome but the food selection is limited to inedible pizzas and the like. Decent selection of beer, but not much quality in the way of wines or champagnes.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Does the Esplanade lounge count in CGK?

At SFO, SQ SKL and VS Clubhouse might have the better facilities than the UA Int'l RCC lounge (both have real food, while only the SQ lounge has free Wi-Fi), but the RCC definitely has the best views.

Comment

Working...
                              X