No announcement yet.

Start of another round of cost-cutting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In March this year, I flew Manchester-Houston return in Y with SIA and I noticed a difference between the MAN-IAH flight and the return flight IAH-MAN. During the flight MAN-IAH snacks were offered between the two meal services. However, this was not the case on the way back. This could probably have something to do with the flight duration, the IAH-MAN leg is a little bit shorter. I had appetite for something in between the meals and I walked to the galley and asked a SIA Girl for a sandwich which they didn't have. However, I was offered some salties instead.

In my opinion this is not consistent and they could do better. Anyway, the flights were great and so was the service (plenty of room because no other passenger next to me).

Comment

• Flew to SGN this morning and no newspapers were available at the door, at least not in economy. The usual newspaper trolley was absent. None were offered onboard as well, but I never asked for a copy so not sure if it would be offered on request.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Well that’s something new. In any case, one can download digital copies of newspaper on SQ apps and is available for perusal and download 48 hours before flight.

Comment

• I think I prefer flights where pax aren't flapping newspapers all over the place and dumping them on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            Flew to SGN this morning and no newspapers were available at the door, at least not in economy. The usual newspaper trolley was absent. None were offered onboard as well, but I never asked for a copy so not sure if it would be offered on request.
            I flew to CGK this morning.

Newspaper was there at Door 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              I flew to CGK this morning.

Newspaper was there at Door 2.
              Hmm must be a 'selected flights' thing...
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Flew sq326 on 6th. No satay was served for lunch. In fact this was the 4th sq326 i had taken in the past 2 years without satay served.

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                  Flew to SGN this morning and no newspapers were available at the door, at least not in economy. The usual newspaper trolley was absent. None were offered onboard as well, but I never asked for a copy so not sure if it would be offered on request.
                  Newspapers still available when I fly SIN-KUL-SIN. So it may be because of some other reason that they did not have newspapers since a very short flight like KUL still has newspapers available.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                    Flew sq326 on 6th. No satay was served for lunch. In fact this was the 4th sq326 i had taken in the past 2 years without satay served.
                    Grr I booked SQ326 for September cos I wanted satay >.<

Comment

• Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
                      Grr I booked SQ326 for September cos I wanted satay >.<
                      I thought that sq would serve canapes (satays) for lunch or dinner for long haul flights in J cabin. It looks to me it is a hit and miss now.

Comment

• No peanuts to be served on all SIA flights.....err...peanut satay sauce is impacted, so, no more satay?

(Audio)

Comment

• Originally posted by Audio View Post
                          No peanuts to be served on all SIA flights.....err...peanut satay sauce is impacted, so, no more satay?

(Audio)
                          Possible.... Maybe then SQ should move towards serving satay Padang, ie. satay served with thick curry-based paste. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sate_Padang

Comment

No peanuts to be served on all SIA flights.....err...peanut satay sauce is impacted, so, no more satay?

(Audio)
                            Had satay yesterday on SQ609 from ICN.

Comment

• Just did SQ830 yesterday. SIN-PVG. Satay was served together with satay sauce.

Comment

(Audio)
                                Flew with SQ872 last month, peanuts still served.

Comment

Working...
                                X