SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
    T2 is slated for renovation (and thus most likely closed) after all airlines move to T3. Having SQ alone in T2 just for the lounge may be very costly, as well as being an inconvenience for passengers with the then-ongoing renovation work.
    I am planning to go CGK in July, let's see. Maybe SQ will make use of GA lounge.
    visit my blog

Comment

I heard it is being delayed (slated end of july originally) because of lounge and check in desk issues.

Comment

Had the misfortune of arriving at T3 International on KE last weekend.
        Really, really dislike the whole vibe of the terminal.
        My impressions: dark, not well thought of, starting to look old, inconvenient for pick up.
        Please please delay the move as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Had the misfortune of arriving at T3 International on KE last weekend. Really, really dislike the whole vibe of the terminal. My impressions: dark, not well thought of, starting to look old, inconvenient for pick up. Please please delay the move as long as possible.
          I'm surprised as my initial reaction yesterday was that there was lot of space (and a lot of wasted space), lots of glass and very fast to get through with no material queues at security or immigration (it was a Sunday evening). The public toilets were also clean and the free public wi-fi was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            Had the misfortune of arriving at T3 International on KE last weekend.
            Really, really dislike the whole vibe of the terminal.
            My impressions: dark, not well thought of, starting to look old, inconvenient for pick up.
            Please please delay the move as long as possible.
            I've been departing and arriving at T3 (both domestic and international) and I can say it was quite dark, especially between the arrival area and taxi stand, pick up is really inconvenient as you have to get into the parking building which is often congested, I still prefer T2 over T3

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
              I've been departing and arriving at T3 (both domestic and international) and I can say it was quite dark, especially between the arrival area and taxi stand, pick up is really inconvenient as you have to get into the parking building which is often congested, I still prefer T2 over T3
              Exactly - Arrival areas are quite dark (not well lit, or the lighting plan was not well designed). Other than the Immigration gates, everything else in Arrivals does not seem like a well thought brand new terminal.

Departure area airside are brighter yes. Check in area is quite dark too.

Comment

Every time I depart from T3, i feel sleepy due to the dark lighting. And there's a lot of walking, the airport shops are boring as well.

Comment

Certainly T2 this morning on 957...

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                    Certainly T2 this morning on 957...
                    My friend was taking SQ flight on 1-Jul and I asked him to ask the staff.

The answer is still no idea.
                    visit my blog

Comment

Arrived in CGK yesterday and the usual hotel greeter told me that SQ does not prefer the move yet due to the long walking distances and queues. In T2, one who arrives with only carry-on could be curbside in the hotel car within 15-20min from touchdown if there are no other arrivals at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ773ER View Post
                        Arrived in CGK yesterday and the usual hotel greeter told me that SQ does not prefer the move yet due to the long walking distances and queues. In T2, one who arrives with only carry-on could be curbside in the hotel car within 15-20min from touchdown if there are no other arrivals at the same time.
                        That’s good to know as I’ll be doing SIN-CGK-SIN next week.

Comment

Singapore Airlines NW18 Jakarta service changes as of 26JUL18

Singapore Airlines in recent weeks filed additional changes to its planned Singapore – Jakarta service, for Northern winter 2018 season. From 28OCT18, the airline will continue to offer 58 weekly flights, as SQ962/963 will continue to operate twice a week, instead of previously planned daily.

SQ962 SIN1610 – 1655CGK 359 57
                          SQ963 CGK1800 – 2100SIN 359 57

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-26jul18/

Looks like they'll be reversing their planned increase to 9 daily. Any thoughts?

Comment

Spoke to SQ ground agents today at CGK. Apparently airport is still working on constructing offices for SQ ground staff at T3. She said timeline very uncertain and guessed maybe it won’t be till next year.

Comment

I still see a lot of airlines using Terminal 2. Just now, apart from SIA, I saw the big 3 middle eastern carriers. Saw a lot more airlines on the departure board.

The SIA staff told me the same thing: they will only move next year.

Comment

The girl in the lounge here just told me December is now when it is supposed to be happening, but just smiled when I asked does she think it will happen.

I get the impression its not only passengers that are not looking forward to the move.

Comment

Working...
                                X