YVR-SFO in Y: Why I prefer UA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YVR-SFO in Y: Why I prefer UA

Recently, I had been taking 3 different airlines for YVR-SFO route in Y: UA, AS, and AC. Well, I must say that UA Y+ is certainly the best. Yesterday, I was on AC A319.. seated in 14B. Middle seat. And most of you know that I am not that tall. My knees hit the set in front, and when the person in front relined his seat, ouch, it's pretty tight. My UA Y+ on 7D last time was pretty pleasant. No problem with leg rooms. I guess if I have to take AS or AC again, I have to make sure to get the first row of Y. Otherwise, it's too pain full even for just 2 hours flight time (well it was almost 3 hours since the fogs in San Francisco made the flight had to cirle around for a very long time.)

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Recently, I had been taking 3 different airlines for YVR-SFO route in Y: UA, AS, and AC. Well, I must say that UA Y+ is certainly the best. Yesterday, I was on AC A319.. seated in 14B. Middle seat. And most of you know that I am not that tall. My knees hit the set in front, and when the person in front relined his seat, ouch, it's pretty tight. My UA Y+ on 7D last time was pretty pleasant. No problem with leg rooms. I guess if I have to take AS or AC again, I have to make sure to get the first row of Y. Otherwise, it's too pain full even for just 2 hours flight time (well it was almost 3 hours since the fogs in San Francisco made the flight had to cirle around for a very long time.)
    I agree with you on that. I am booked on a UA A319 on Friday YVR-ORD, however when I made the reservation online there were absolutely no seats to choose from. How were you able to get Y+ as they don't give them to *G anymore.
    Enjoy San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
      How were you able to get Y+ as they don't give them to *G anymore.
      Enjoy San Francisco.
      I am UA-1K. Thus I get those Y+ seat. But usually, I use the 500 miles upgrade which occasionally doesn't get cleared. You can access Y+ by becoming UA Premier Associate (2P). It's a freebie gift for UA MP Elite after reaching certain accumulated YTD EQM.

I am back. Just went down to the City By the Bay for few hours yesterday.

Comment

The possibility of being sat in Y+ is definitely the incentive for me to consider being a MP elite.

Oh well, the lower thresholds on BD dc, multiples for premium travel, and BD mileage card are too nice to give up. I'll suffer in Y-, if I need to. Or pay for Y+ access.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I usually don't do that much flying on UA and therefore building up mileage with MP is not really worthwhile for me at this time unless my transborder flights increase significantly.
          Is there a possiblity of paying a fee to get Y+ at check-in?
          I actually booked the flight on the AC website as the codeshare with AC flight number was much cheaper than the same flights on the UA website.
          There might be no chance of "upgrading".
          It's not a big problem as it's only a 3.5 hours flight but I thought I check.

Comment

Yes, you can can pay a fee for getting Y+ seat when you check in.

Comment

QF also flies the route seasonally (soon to be permanently I think) if you don't mind flying on the dark side. 744 with AVOD.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                The possibility of being sat in Y+ is definitely the incentive for me to consider being a MP elite.

Oh well, the lower thresholds on BD dc, multiples for premium travel, and BD mileage card are too nice to give up. I'll suffer in Y-, if I need to. Or pay for Y+ access.
                BD is much better redemption-wise. Earn/burn on UA might be better but BD has much more inventory for *A awards
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  You can access Y+ by becoming UA Premier Associate (2P).
                  Don't you mean 3P?

Premier Executive 1K = 1K
                  Premier Executive = 1P
                  Premier = 2P
                  Premier Associate = 3P

Comment

2 or 3... all is blurry for me.

Note: It is a sign that I have been 1K too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X