No announcement yet.

London meet up with the SuperJonJons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shall we meet on Saturday for lunch then?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
      Shall we meet on Saturday for lunch then?
      A marvellous idea mrs nickbot and I are free all day. Should I make reservations for Goldmine (might not be necessary)?

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
        A marvellous idea mrs nickbot and I are free all day. Should I make reservations for Goldmine (might not be necessary)?
        Originally posted by shopaholic View Post
        roast duck could just swing it,
        I think it opens at 1130am or noon? Should be okay without reservation if coming that early when the restaurant just opens.
        Will it continue with the visit to Madame Tussaud? Pictures of SQ Girls? Or will continue with the champagne party as well as mini bar demolition?
        I wish I could join you guys!

Comment

Possibility of snow to welcome the SuperJJs?

Lowest temp on Fri 0 degree celsius. Sat -1 degree celsius. I hope the roads and trains would be ok.

We'd keep you updated on the latest, SQLPP. Or rather the rest would. I still do not know how to download pics.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
            Possibility of snow to welcome the SuperJJs?

Lowest temp on Fri 0 degree celsius. Sat -1 degree celsius. I hope the roads and trains would be ok.
            Well definitely snow will be romantic for honeymooners!

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
            I still do not know how to download pics.
            I am old and frail, and I know how to upload pics now.
            I am sure you know how to do it. Perhaps just no time to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              I am old and frail, and I know how to upload pics now.
              I am sure you know how to do it. Perhaps just no time to do it.
              I have never done it, that's why I said I do not know how to do it.
              I don't even know the correct terminology. I always tell my technician to 'download' or 'copy' my pics.

So little time! I wish there was more than 24 hours in a day and that I do not have to sleep so much!

Comment

As long as there are no hidden cameras or other bugging devices about your person, that will be fine
                Those devices would be beneficial for the event on Friday night, right?

Comment

Those devices would be beneficial for the event on Friday night, right?
                  He he he I can supply you photos offline you bad man!

Back on topic, will see if I can borrow a 3G stick from work and upload Gold Mine pics from the table

Comment

couple of quick notes - for gold mine, it is recommended that a reservation be made, particularly for large groups. This is because they would have to specially set up a table, and the seating area is fairly small.

gold mine is also particularly popular with students, so you'd expect to find a fair few from Imperial College in large groups on weekends. If you have a reservation though, the seating process will be more pleasant.

I just had duck rice from gold mine today, still a stamp of approval.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
                      couple of quick notes - for gold mine, it is recommended that a reservation be made, particularly for large groups.
                      Thanks kelvgoh, have been considering making a reservation even though our group is potentially small. With this in mind, could I ask for confirmations from SQTalkers who would like to attend? Time set for 13:45 for 14:00 as phaleesy is working in the morning.

The Venue Gold Mine, 102 Queensway, London, W2 3RR

Time 13:45 - 14:00

Confirmed SuperJonJon & MrsSuperJonJon, nickbot and mrs nickbot, phaleesy

Possible shopaholic +1, VC10 Boy +1

Comment

Time 13:45 - 14:00
                        Looks like a 15 minutes lunch plan! Hmm I am not so sure whether I can even finish my meal in that period of time. Or will it be a take out, Sir?

Comment

14:00 ? By the time you finish, it'll almost be time for dinner ... just right for phaleesy to trot down the road to Four Seasons to compare against their duck!

Comment

Looks like a 15 minutes lunch plan! Hmm I am not so sure whether I can even finish my meal in that period of time. Or will it be a take out, Sir?
                            I'm merely stating the arrival/sitdown time Sir

I'm certainly not ruling out a takeaway in addition to the main meal though,...got to have something to accompany the free minibar

Comment

Both the District line and Circle line are suspended over the weekend - we can't get to our duck date from Bayswater.

The nearest station would now be Queensway on the Central line.

I might be late. Please arrive/sit down in the restaurant and start ordering without me. I'd definitely arrive in time to lick the plates clean.

Comment

No problem phaleesy, we can make it closer to 14:00 (or even later if this helps?) Text me if you're really held up.

Paging shopaholic, any idea if you'll be able to attend? YGPMs

Comment

Working...
                                X